Can I Fit 3 Car Seats Across?

Duke33

Hi. We have a VW Touareg that is not big enough for our 3 boys, ages 3, 2 and 8 weeks. Also, it breaks down more than it goes. Anyway, my wife doesn't want a minivan and we don't want a giant SUV. Also, we can't afford the LX470. Can the GX470 fit 3 car seats across? We use the Britax Roundabouts and they are 18" wide each. We don't need or care to use third row seating. Thanks

3 carseats fit no problem.  I have had 3 carseats and now 3 booster seats in the second row and they easily fit.

Thanks very much Cab2u. That's the info I was looking for, even more. Eventually, we will need a booster seat to replace one of the car seats. I appreciate it. :)

But you should also know that it is a huge pain in the !Removed! buckling 3 booster seats every time your kid gets in. They are smushed together and you have to really work to get the seat belt across the booster seat and into the buckle. But that would be a problem in any car that you want to put 3 booster seats in one row.

One booster seat with to car seats may seam like it will be easier, but it will still be a pain to buckle that booster. This is one of the reasons why minivans are so popular.

Hi. We have a VW Touareg that is not big enough for our 3 boys, ages 3, 2 and 8 weeks. Also, it breaks down more than it goes. Anyway, my wife doesn't want a minivan and we don't want a giant SUV. Also, we can't afford the LX470. Can the GX470 fit 3 car seats across? We use the Britax Roundabouts and they are 18" wide each. We don't need or care to use third row seating. Thanks

I havn't had any experience with car seats, but I came close to buying the Touareg over the GX. I'm REAL happy I made the choice I did, especially after reading about all of the troubles the VW owners are having, and the complete lack of problems that I have had with my GX.

Absolutely no problems fitting 3 carseats across in 2nd row. :cheers:

I havn't had any experience with car seats, but I came close to buying the Touareg over the GX. I'm REAL happy I made the choice I did, especially after reading about all of the troubles the VW owners are having, and the complete lack of problems that I have had with my GX.

some of you were lucky..... <_<

Just bought the GX yesterday and using only 2 booster seats. We also have a LandCruiser with the same interior as the LX and it is very hard to fit 3 booster seats. Buckling is a pain. If you put the rear facing seat in the middle with the buckle in place all the time. It is not so bad with 2 boosters on either side. Good luck. If I have to choose one car, the bigger LX is the way to go. They are coming out with a new model for 2007 (available hopefully early 2006).

• 10 months later...

Please speak from experience before responding to these questions. NO!!! You cannot fit more than two Britax car seats in the second row of the GX 470. First of all, there are only two sets of in-seat hooks or latches. Additionally...there's not enough room for three.

You will need to use the 3rd row.

Does Anyone have experience putting a carseat into the 3rd row???

Konrad

Please speak from experience before responding to these questions. NO!!! You cannot fit more than two Britax car seats in the second row of the GX 470. First of all, there are only two sets of in-seat hooks or latches. Additionally...there's not enough room for three.

Konrad

I responded to your earlier post. Britax Wizard will not fit in the 3rd row. We have 2 Britax Wizard's in the second row using the anchor points. Used a Cosco seat in third row but removed the arm that swings down.

If you use the anchor points in the 2nd row, you can't possibly fit 3 car seats because there are only 4 anchor points. You'd have to use the seatbelts, which aren't as secure.

post-22452-1140164035_thumb.jpg

Konrad

I responded to your earlier post. Britax Wizard will not fit in the 3rd row. We have 2 Britax Wizard's in the second row using the anchor points. Used a Cosco seat in third row but removed the arm that swings down.

If you use the anchor points in the 2nd row, you can't possibly fit 3 car seats because there are only 4 anchor points. You'd have to use the seatbelts, which aren't as secure.

Konrad

• 6 months later...

Konrad

Can anyone explain to me why the latch anchors on the driver's side A. is off center and B. doesn't line up with the tether hook? It's asenine.