2005 Rx330 Rear Wiper Blade

jfarber

What size is the rear wiper blade and how can you replace it? I can't seem to get it to slide out!

I had same question with my RX 330. Service manager showed me how to do it, it seemed real easy but guess what? I have forgotten how to do it. When it is time to change the blade I'll go back to the dealer. Probably will have to replace with a Lexus rubber refill which shouldn't cost very much.

sorry to put a link to this site but

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread...highlight=wiper

that's how you can bypass that stopper thing to change the blades. as for the size, still searching.

I just got the TSB performed on my 330 a few weeks ago - it helped a lot, but still smears a bit at the top. Is that what everyone else is seeing as well? I sure with it worked as well as the front ones do - those suckers WIPE!

• 3 years later...
What size is the rear wiper blade and how can you replace it? I can't seem to get it to slide out!

Just bought mine from a dealer near my home. Price is steep (~$20), but the last one was on the car for ~4 years and held up fairly well. Lexus part # 85242-0E030

Snap the plastic bolt cover off the rear wiper arm, then you'll be able to lift the blade all the way off the window. From there you can use a pen or screwdriver to release the plastic "catch" underneath the wiper arm attach point and slide the old wiper (and plastic housing) right off the arm. Works similar to the front wiper blade release mechanism, if you've changed those before.

Snap on the new blade and replace the bolt cover and you're all set.

Hope this helps!

Consumer Reports tested car wipers (Nov. 2008 issue), and ranked them as follows:

1. Valeo 600 series; 2. RainX Latitude; 3. Anco 31 series; 4. Michelin Rainforce; 5. Anco Contour; 6. Valeo 900 series; 7. PIAA Super silicone; 8 Bosch Icon; 9. RainX Weatherbeater; 10. Trico Exact Fit; 11. Michelin HydroEdge; 12. Michelin Optimum; 13. Anco AeroVantage; 14. Trico Teflon Blade; 15. Trico Innovision. They all cleaned well when new. The RainX Latitude cleaned above average after 6 months (other average except #13 and 14 were below average after six months). 3 of the top four were among the least expensive.