Audio In Rx330

klaslop

I purchased an FM transmitter so that I could play my MP3 player in the RX330. Sounded like absolute crap (too many radio stations I guess) so I purchased a cassette adaptor.

Sounds great, but the cassette auto-reverse on the RX330 is really *BLEEP*ing me off. I might get a whole song when I first start it up, but by the time I get to the 2nd or third song the auto-reverse mechanism is trying to auto reverse the cassette (which won't work - those cassettes don't reverse) about every 20 seconds, which stops the music for about 5 seconds every time and completely destroys any enjoyment from listening to it.

Anyone know how to disable the cassette auto-reverse mechanism on the stereo-upgraded RX330? I'm either going to get into an accident by trying to fix it or I have to go back to CDs.

Anyone know how to disable the cassette auto-reverse mechanism on the stereo-upgraded RX330? I'm either going to get into an accident by trying to fix it or I have to go back to CDs.

Klaslop-

Just a thought, I had a cassette adapter for my CD player and my auto-reverse kept tripping on it... inside the actual cassette adapter (why I know not) are a couple spindles and gears... to "trick" the car into thinking it really is a cassette.

I took the adapter apart and removed all the guts except for the wire and metal "head" that plays to the cassette deck.

Once removed, the thing worked flawlessly until I got my GS that has a CD player in it.

Just a thought... Let me know if this works, I am interested.

Happy Easter to all...

David