Vsc, Vsc Off, Engine Light

KU Jim

I'm a Lexus newbie drawn by the excellent reliabilty ratings this car gets.

Had my 2000 ES300 for a week and the dash starts lighting up. VSC, VSC off , and engine light.

Bought it from an independent Used Car Dealer with the usual 30 day , 1000 mile warranty.

Took it to a capable independent repair shop with up to date computer diagnostics. Diagostic Codes:

PO440, PO441, PO446.

From most previous posts, this would point to a leak in the Fuel Evaporation system, usually a leaky Charcoal Canister. He is pinning that down today to find the precise source of the leak.

My car has 60,000 miles. Is this covered by the Lexus Emission Warranty? I don't yet have my owners manual or the supplement.

It's my guess it is not covered by either the used car warranty or the Lexus warranty and I would probably just need to negotiate a "good will" cost sharing with the used car dealer.

What is it likely to cost of this repair in Lawrence Kansas?? Ideas, suggestions?? Thanks for the help.

I'm a Lexus newbie drawn by the excellent reliabilty ratings this car gets.

Had my 2000 ES300 for a week and the dash starts lighting up.  VSC,  VSC off ,  and engine light.

Bought it  from an independent Used Car Dealer with the usual 30 day ,  1000 mile warranty.

Took it to a capable independent repair shop with up to date computer diagnostics.  Diagostic Codes:

PO440,  PO441, PO446.

From most previous posts,  this would point to a leak in the Fuel Evaporation system,  usually a leaky Charcoal Canister.  He is pinning that down today to find the precise source of the leak. 

My car has 60,000 miles.  Is this covered by the Lexus  Emission Warranty?  I don't yet have my owners manual or the supplement.

It's my guess it is not covered by either the used car warranty or the Lexus warranty and I would probably just need to negotiate  a "good will" cost  sharing with the used car dealer.   

What is it likely to cost of this repair in Lawrence Kansas??  Ideas, suggestions??  Thanks for the help.

Sorry, I stuck this in the wrong section - I'm a rookie but it looks like the problem exists across models.