Green Lexus Sc400

I have gone through most of the previous threads on this topic but I want to make sure that my situation is the same situation.

When I am driving on smooth pavement I get a smooth ride at all speeds. When I am on slightly rough pavements I start to get a bit of a vibration/shimmy through the steering wheel. The minute the pavement gets better, the feeling will go away. I replace the front struts and got the tires balanced and the problem got a little better but it is still there. Replacing the front lower control arms will cost close to $1,700 at lexus. In some of the previous threads it was mentioned that the 97 bushings will work on the 92s. Will the 97 bushings work on my 95?

The roads where I live in Virginia are pretty good so I don't think it needs the ball joints. I grew up in new england and the roads here are 200% better.

I see where the Supra LCMs are also a possibility? Would that be the 95 Supra for the 95 SC400? What kind of a difference do these make compared the Lexus parts? People use cushy versus stiff descripions. I am not sure what that means? Is there any way to be more specific?

You can use the 97 bushings on all model year SC's. You can also use the 94-98 Supra LCAs. The Supra LCAs come with new ball joints and bushings. The bushings in the Supra LCAs are made of a harder rubber compound so the ride will be a little firmer compared to using the 97 SC bushings which are made of a softer rubber compound. Don't forget, the SC was built to be a luxury sports coupe whereas the Supra was built to be an all out sports car. Hope this clears up a few things.

• 2 weeks later...
You can use the 97 bushings on all model year SC's. You can also use the 94-98 Supra LCAs. The Supra LCAs come with new ball joints and bushings. The bushings in the Supra LCAs are made of a harder rubber compound so the ride will be a little firmer compared to using the 97 SC bushings which are made of a softer rubber compound. Don't forget, the SC was built to be a luxury sports coupe whereas the Supra was built to be an all out sports car. Hope this clears up a few things.

Do you know if any modifications are required in order to install the supra control arms or do they line up in the places you mount the sc400 control arms. My mechanic sounded mildly skeptical on the phone.