Which Lonar Cars Do You Get?

LexKid630

(sorry for the spelling error in the title LOL "lonar" = loaner)

Yesterday i dropped off my rx300 to my dealer so they could fix my broken moonroof.

The only problem they said, was that it was something that would take a long time to fix, so i would need to leave it there overnight. I asked for a loaner car, and they said no problem.

About a half hour of waiting around the man came in and gave me the keys to what i thought would be another lexus loaner. :o It turned out to be a toyota camry SE...Is this what they give for loaners now?!?! Now i have to take this front wheel drive tin can in a foot of snow i'm supposed to get tomorrow :censored: I think Lexus customer satisfaction is going down the tubes...

This camry doesn't even have leather or anything! I don't even think it's an 05; it has 28k miles on it (still better than the 61k miles i have on the rx, but still). I am really mad at my dealer. Oh and did i forget to mention that i have to pay for this loaner!! :censored:

What loaners do you get?

Yesterday i dropped off my rx300 to my dealer so they could fix my broken moonroof.

The only problem they said, was that it was something that would take a long time to fix, so i would need to leave it there overnight. I asked for a loaner car, and they said no problem.

About a half hour of waiting around the man came in and gave me the keys to what i thought would be another lexus loaner. :o  It turned out to be a 2005 toyota camry...Is this what they give for loaners now? I remember getting a Lexus; not like i care but still...

If you purchased all those cars from the same dealer, shame on them.

I use Rallye Lexus Glen Cove NY always get a same type Lexus loaner. And I only bought two cars from them...

Most recently my local Lexus dealer provided a loaner RX330 and ES330 but I have received more non-Lexus loaners than Lexus cars from the same Lexus dealer. Sometimes the non-Lexus cars were quite nice - sometimes Cadillacs.

I think a front drive Camry is perfectly acceptable as a loaner car from a Lexus dealer and I suspect that it will easily cope with the 3 - 5 inches of snow forecast for tonight for Glen Cove. Our Camry V6 does very well in much heavier snow than that and it does not have snow tires.

It depends, when dealers run out of loaners they will rent you a car from a private rental car company, thats when you get non Lexus loaners. If they have nice cars like Cadillacs they'll rent you those but sometimes you have to take what you get. My dad put his car in once (back when he had the 98 LS400) and all they could find him anywhere was a Geo Tracker. They were sorry and took 10% off the bill, but he was happy just to have a car to drive off.

Since you had to wait a while my bet is they were out of loaners and someone had to go rent you something. Thats more common in lower volume areas, the dealers here have fleets of 20-30 loaners so its rarely a problem. Be happy they didn't just tell you tough luck, dealers don't HAVE to give you a loaner for service (and some don't) all they have to do per Lexus is give you a loaner for warranty work.

You can always just drive your RX330 tomorrow...

I brought my 4 year old RX to Ralley in Glen Cove which I didnt even buy there for warranty work, and I got a brand spankin new RX330 as a loaner. I think the car had like 38 miles on it. Ralley is a class act dealership. Highly recommended!

Dropped my friend's LS400 to Lexus of Rockville last Monday, they were out of loaners (because I didn't requested it). They offered me 05 Infinity FX35(black) from Enterprise. I didn't mind B)

My neighbor took his BMW in for service recently and returned with a Toyota Camry. He told me that the BMW dealership he uses will loan you a Camry for free, but if you insist on a BMW, you have to pay!

When I need to leave my Corvette at the Chevy dealership, I get a giant Silverado pickup or an Impala, along with a bill for $10 to offset the extended warranty "limit".

BTW, a coworker leases an RX330 and told me that her previous car, a Toyota Camry was quieter than the 330. I guess it's a good thing that Lexus is adding more sound insulation to the RX400h. Maybe now it'll be as quiet as a Camry!

My neighbor took his BMW in for service recently and returned with a Toyota Camry. He told me that the BMW dealership he uses will loan you a Camry for free, but if you insist on a BMW, you have to pay!

When I need to leave my Corvette at the Chevy dealership, I get a giant Silverado pickup or an Impala, along with a bill for $10 to offset the extended warranty "limit".

BTW, a coworker leases an RX330 and told me that her previous car, a Toyota Camry was quieter than the 330. I guess it's a good thing that Lexus is adding more sound insulation to the RX400h. Maybe now it'll be as quiet as a Camry!

For the heck of it i took the camry (2004 according to the sticker) to work in the snow today to work. It was good on the highway (mostly slush) but on the side streets it was horrible. It couldn't go up ANY hills and couldn't turn well. I had to move back about 50 feet and floor it until i ended up in the bushes in the left lane from fishtailing LOL. I am deffinetly not used to NOT having AWD! I didn't even really know if it really works, but now i know it does.

It was pretty comfortable but after 30 minutes i was about to break my back. The ride was smooth (not as much as the es ;) ) and was pretty quiet. It took me about 10 minutes to figure out how to turn the heat on with all those weird turn dials :blink: but i eventually did and it warmed up VERY quickly! The steering wheel wasn't as nice as the 3 spoke's on the Lexus but i got used to it. Does anyone know the material that the steering wheels on the camry's are made of? It wasn't leather but more of a plasticy-rubber material.

but overall it was better than nothing, but i am still dissapointed they couldn't get another Lexus loaner for me. With all those cars on the lot, they couldn't get me one....?

sorry if this is a dumb question, but where does the name harrier come from and is it a diffreent limited edition model???

It's not a dumb question; there's no such thing as a dumb question.... ;)

A harrier is a slender, narrow-winged hawk that is common throught the World. It is a fast, smooth flying bird that gave Toyota the name Harrier because they thought the car had similar features as this bird.

And the Harrier isn't a different limited version, it's just the Toyota name for the rx. It can be ordered with the same features as the rx, just isn't found in the US.

RX4- Stands to reason the RX would be louder than the Camry, its an SUV on 18" rims and its a higher profile vehicle. The RX is designed to feel kinda "trucky".

The Camry itself is very quiet though, so that doesn't mean the RX is loud.

RX4- Stands to reason the RX would be louder than the Camry, its an SUV on 18" rims and its a higher profile vehicle. The RX is designed to feel kinda "trucky".

I don't think the rx's are loud at all...i do notice that the rx330 is louder than the rx300, only becuase the the size difference. Overall they are the quietest SUV's i have ever driven in. That's why i bought them not another brand.

I don't think the rx's are loud at all...i do notice that the rx330 is louder than the rx300, only becuase the the size difference. Overall they are the quietest SUV's i have ever driven in. That's why i bought them not another brand.

Well, you guys gave me a good chuckle tonight. How did saying that my coworker thought her Camry was quieter than the RX330 turn into "the RXs are loud"? I have to admit that I've never driven an RX330, but I'm sure that I would not be disappointed by its sound level. Remember, I drive a Corvette almost every day and believe me, anything is quiet compared to that!

Okay, carry on, men!

I always get an RX330 when i get a loaner. One time I had to go to Vegas on a Tuesday so i took my GX in on monday. Turns out that the GX wouldn't be done in about 2 weeks, so they had to give me a Enterprise rental (from across the street, because they seem to be buddies with Fresno Lexus) and gave me a brand new Dodge Durango. The reason was that we are not allowed to take the loaners out of state. Is that true or is that up to the dealer's discretion?? Well anyways, talking about getting a different brand "loaner", I remember once that they were out of loaners, the old couples in the waiting room were complaining "Why do they not have anymore loaners??? I don't want a rental car, I want a LEXUS LOANER!!!"

To me, all i want is an RX330 or some fairly big SUV from Enterprise (if they are out of loaners), and i'll be happy.

I remember one time my guy had to look for an Rx330 loaner so he ran back to the service area and drove out with this brand new RX330 that had only 138 miles on it!!! Man, that was the best loaner I got but unfortunately, i got it when my GX wasn't staying at the dealer for 2 weeks (this was when I went to Vegas, the top story) and only used it for 2 days. Man, that new car smell and very very clean interior, I wanted to take really good care of it!! The ones i got when my Gx was in for 2 weeks were some dirty 13k mile , blackforest pearl Rx330 with cigar butts in the pockets and holes in the dash (dunno how the heck or why someone would do that). I feel bad for the loaners who have to go thru abuse when back in the days we never got loaners (when Lexus wasn't out yet) so we should be thankful about them.

I heard BMW and Mercedes (well, at least for Fresno) they HAVE to pay for their loaners and the only option they get are a C240. sux for them to only have one choice! :lol:

Hmmmm.....I think I'll toss my 8 cents in (self-adjusting for inflation).

I recently had my 2001 RX-300 in, due to my own stupidity. Since it was

late in the day, THEY offered a loaner (I didn't have to ask). Their only

request was try to limit the mileage. It was a 2005 GS-300. I must say

I enjoyed the change, but I missed the elevation of riding in my RX.

Also LexKid......thanks for the info on Inskip.....I only stepped foot

on their lot once.....and I got that "That car is just what you need"

line.....Hmmmmm. <_<

PharmGuy

Their only

PharmGuy

GS300?? you sure it was a loaner or they just got that from the back and let you use it to compensate for the "out of stock" of loaners???

I always get an RX330 when i get a loaner. One time I had to go to Vegas on a Tuesday so i took my GX in on monday. Turns out that the GX wouldn't be done in about 2 weeks, so they had to give me a Enterprise rental (from across the street, because they seem to be buddies with Fresno Lexus) and gave me a brand new Dodge Durango. The reason was that we are not allowed to take the loaners out of state. Is that true or is that up to the dealer's discretion?? Well anyways, talking about getting a different brand "loaner", I remember once that they were out of loaners, the old couples in the waiting room were complaining "Why do they not have anymore loaners??? I don't want a rental car, I want a LEXUS LOANER!!!"

To me, all i want is an RX330 or some fairly big SUV from Enterprise (if they are out of loaners), and i'll be happy.

I remember one time my guy had to look for an Rx330 loaner so he ran back to the service area and drove out with this brand new RX330 that had only 138 miles on it!!! Man, that was the best loaner I got but unfortunately, i got it when my GX wasn't staying at the dealer for 2 weeks (this was when I went to Vegas, the top story) and only used it for 2 days. Man, that new car smell and very very clean interior, I wanted to take really good care of it!!  The ones i got when my Gx was in for 2 weeks were some dirty 13k mile , blackforest pearl Rx330 with cigar butts in the pockets and holes in the dash (dunno how the heck or why someone would do that). I feel bad for the loaners who have to go thru abuse when back in the days we never got loaners (when Lexus wasn't out yet) so we should be thankful about them.

I heard BMW and Mercedes (well, at least for Fresno) they HAVE to pay for their loaners and the only option they get are a C240. sux for them to only have one choice!  :lol:

When i got the loaner they didn't tell me that i couldn't go out of state. I work out of state so that would have been a problem for me.

I returned the Camry today and got my rx300 back. The moonroof is fixed, and they even replaced the button i made a scratch in hitting it with a rock :P . They didn't charge me a cent (b/c it is still under warranty) and i am happy with the results. They cleaned the car inside and out and waxed it ;) Something i didn't expect to happen.

The only thing i noticed, was that when i dropped off my 03 rx300 last week it had 62,566 miles on it. When i picked it up today it had 62,705 miles!! How they did they manage to get 140 miles on it fixing a moonroof motor? I don't know, as long as they fixed it i'm happy.

line.....Hmmmmm.  <_<

PharmGuy

I hate those weasels at Inskip! :censored: They are up to something i tell you!! Every time i go in for service etc there's a problem. 140 miles to fix a moonroof?? I don't think so!!

line.....Hmmmmm.  <_<

PharmGuy

I hate those weasels at Inskip! :censored: They are up to something i tell you!! Every time i go in for service etc there's a problem. 140 miles to fix a moonroof?? I don't think so!!

I would definetly ask why there is 140 miles on the car. :o

My guess is that they had to take it somewhere to fix it. I just hope no one took it for a joyride or anything. Nothing's broken on it that i can see, and i can't see and new scratches/marks on it. The inside smells like smoke and the wood wheel has black stuff on it :o Oh well it's fixed. It works. I'm happy. Im trying not to expect too much from them; it's not like they care about anything but money :angry: LOL