Faq Question - Sensors

I am gettin a CEL and the code reads its the EGR...I've removed the valve n the manifold its attached to and cleaned it out thoroughly...pulled the negative and the CEL was off for about 2 days then came back...I read in the faq that I should clean off a few sensors that may cause this...I have a 94 es300. Where are they located? (SK?) This CEL is driving me crazy. any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Also I have to replace the back bulb behind my temp gauge in the cluster...is it a pain to get in there? I read a PDF file about removing it on an LS and from what I understand it LOOKED like I only need to pul the screws up in the black plastic, then a few more...is that true or does the whole dash need to be pulled? Thanks

What octane gas are you using?

93 octan....Premium always! (or SUPER Premium at 7-eleven)

I pulled the cluster and replaced the bulb but the back light behind the temp gauge still stays off...from what I've read those things are pretty annoying. I was surprised...taking out the gauge cluster is really easy. I might do it again just for the fun of it :-P

What octane gas are you using?

93 octan....Premium always! (or SUPER Premium at 7-eleven)

I pulled the cluster and replaced the bulb but the back light behind the temp gauge still stays off...from what I've read those things are pretty annoying. I was surprised...taking out the gauge cluster is really easy. I might do it again just for the fun of it :-P

Why did you replace the bulb? If the CEL is onthen you know the bulb is good. Your problem is elsewhere.

No need to mess w/ the cluster if you don't need to. There are alot of complex circuits in there, you could bend a pin on one of the connectors if your not careful, etc.. It's also rather easy to mess up your gauges.

what specific egr code do you get

I don't remember...I just know the guy told me it was the egr valve malfunctioning...I'll go check again tho

And I know the CEL bulb works it was a backlight behind the temp gauge that was out...like one that lights up the H and C on the gauge...thats why I pulled the cluster.