Gs Audio Question

Mark Levinson is what they offer now. I was told that Nakamichi either was bought out or went out of business.

Well, Nakamichi is definately not out of business, nor was it bought out. Different systems/brands were offered in different model years. You need to check specifically. Pioneer is the standard in all years. In the GS400 for 1998-2000 Nak was the option. In the GS430 from 2001+ Mark Levinson was the cat's meow. Lexus Model Library

Mark Levinson is what they offer now. I was told that Nakamichi either was bought out or went out of business.

Well, Nakamichi is definately not out of business, nor was it bought out. Different systems/brands were offered in different model years. You need to check specifically. Pioneer is the standard in all years. In the GS400 for 1998-2000 Nak was the option. In the GS430 from 2001+ Mark Levinson was the cat's meow. Lexus Model Library

WOW, thanks for the Lexus Model LIbrary link. I have been looking for a site just like that, a wealth of basic info of the Lexus line-up. Thanks!! :)

Nakamichi is definately still in business. They do high end home audio etc.

The reason Lexus uses ML now is that Nakamichi refused to let their system feed through the nav screen, meaning you couldn't have nav and nakamichi.

The nak was an option on the GS300 and the GS400.

• 3 weeks later...