Ls 400 Stolen And Torched

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or even load up on some credit cards and shift the debt over to them. READ THE FINE PRINT on the back, particulary the MIN. PAYMENT %. Example, I received a Capital # application the other day at 3.8% fixed for life. But when reading the fine print on the back, the MINIMAL payment is based on 3% of the balance, has nothing to do with that low interest rate. If you're even 20 minutes late on a payment, it automatically jumps to 22%+ and minimal payment jumps as well. Example: My credit card I have now, with a $10k balance has a minimal payment of $200. Higher rate, but lower required payment. If I had transferred that debt to Capital #, my minimal payment would have jumped to $300. So...read the fine print. You just need to find a way lower your cash outflow issue for a while. Don't trash your credit, you'll being paying for it for years and years and years. Everything you try and finance for the next 3 years will cost you nearly double. And don't call those debt consolidation companies either, they trash your credit as well. Borrow from friends, family, whoever. You've got a SOLID case against your insurance company amigo. Rock solid!

Couple of things: What makes you (or the insurance company for that matter) assume that your car was driven away using the key? It could have been towed. Hence, no key needed. Might not have even been torched by the person or persons who towed it. The comment earlier regarding USAA is fine except that USAA doesn't insure anyone or everyone - only a select number of military related customers. Lastly, since it appears you have all your insurance coverage with these guys, now would seem to be a good time to send a message and drop them altogether.

since you make a stolen car report with the police, and file with the insurance company, and they refused to honor your claim, I believe you can write this off on your taxes. please consult with IRS or your CPA. :cries:

Also file a complaint with your state Insurance Commission!

it absolutely can be towed away

my moms friend who is a doctor woke up at night coz of the noises outside and he saw

the toll truck pulling out from his house with his bez on it! he called the police right away but they never found the car.

here is alink with the tools to steal ANY car!

all kinds of gadgets!

http://zieh-fix.com/Shop/index.html?lang=en-us

this tools are readily available online

and all they ask is a proof of trade!!

and i have a friend who works i the shop that installs alarms and all kinds of gadgets

he told me that for him it would not take more then 3-5 mins to break almost into any car

I'm not military, and I've been with usaa for years.

I did say "military related". Just go to their web site and you'll see they don't cover everyone. You have to be active duty military or:

Separated from the military (not everyone is eligible)

Retired from the military

Married to someone actively serving in the military (Active, National Guard, Reserve, pre-commissioning)

Adult child of a USAA member

A spouse or former spouse of a USAA member

Officer candidates

You are getting some good advise here, glad to see everyone helping this guy. Now for my 2 cents. I'm glad to help. I hate insurance companies and car thief's, and I have had to deal with both.

I am a trained fraud investigator, and I see insurance companies claiming fraud etc., all the time when there was none and no reason to really suspect it. But some claims adjusters are morons and insurance companies are not in the business of paying claims.

I now make my living as a writer. In fact a business and consumer issue writer. Unfortunately it is better for insurance companies to wrongfully deny claims and take the hit from those folks that would not go away then to pay the claim in the first place. And some insurance companies play that game. Some do not.

Unfortunately for you this is not a game it is your life. I will contact Lexus for you and get any information they have on your year of car being stolen without the key.

I will also check with the National crime stats for you. Give me about a week, but I will get you documents that show, yes these cars have been stolen without the key.

Dumb !Removed! insurance adjuster. Hell if this was a car that could not be stolen without the key, it would be all over the news media and Lexus would still be hipping the hell out of it.

Take a day and draft a letter explaining you difficulties and send it to every government official you can, and I mean every, from Police chief to City Mayor, to Senators governor, everyone. Yes you are looking 20 to 30 letters. Also send out letters to every T.V., radio and newspaper around asking for help. Address it to the "News Editor". It is a lot of letters but if you get only 2 or 3 responses or folks contacting the insurance company, you will see a big change.

I have a call into Lexus about what they know about any 99 LS 400's being taken without a key. Also see :

http://www.gfb.org/

This is the home web page for Ga Farm bureau. This is a "Member Organization. I would complain to them also.

Contact me by PM with your full name and other info. I will call Jennifer Whittaker in their public relations department and let her know that I'm investigating this for a front page story.

Let me know how else I can be of help to you.

Thank you so much every one! 914lps please contact me st Sabra211@msn.com or post what ever you dicover. I really, really, really am grateful for ANY INFO you can get. I for some reason cant pm any one. Thanks to every one for all the help! Mike B

p.s I hate that i had to discover this lexus members forum this way but you guys are some pretty good folks! :cheers:

You are getting some good advise here, glad to see everyone helping this guy. Now for my 2 cents.  I'm glad to help.  I hate insurance companies and car thief's, and I have had to deal with both.......

thanks a lot for the insights....

will you please post anything you can find regarding this issues. I will say this is critically important to anyone who owns 97 LS or newer or any car with transponder key.

if GA farm Beueru did this to ROSCOEPCOLTRAIN, who could say other insurance outfits, including yours or mine, wouldn't treat us the same way if ours got stolen!

I will send you another Email with my contact info.

Lexus PR is getting me info on if these cars can be taken without they keys and so on.

The Highway Loss Data Instittute sent me loss data. It is only a small sampling of the real theft data on cars. If they show none stolen it does not mean none were taken, just thatr they do not have the data on it.

This is what they show:

(The number after the model number is the number of cars stolen)

1998 to 2000 model years

ES 300 95 taken

LS 400 176 taken ( This gets the car a Worse then average theft rating)

96 to 98 Model years

ES 300 156 (Worse then average)

LS 400 481 (Substantially worse then average)

93 to 95 model years

ES 300 159 (Worse then average)

LS400 467 (Much Worse then average)

So, either a lot of Lexus owners are stealing thier own cars or these cars have a higher then "Normal" thift rate, and can be taken.

• 3 weeks later...

I talked with Lexus pr toay and faxed them the copy of p.d. report. They to look into getting a letter that in some cases the car can be taken without the key. They did not seem happy about the P.D report stating witout the key the car is "immobolized". Should have something within a week.

I talked with Lexus pr toay and faxed them the copy of p.d. report.  They to look into getting a letter that in some cases the car can be taken without the key.  They did not seem happy about the P.D report stating witout the key the car is "immobolized".  Should have something within a week.

• 1 month later...
Anyword 914lps?

please let me know, thanks for every thing.

Mike

Talked to Lexus P.R. on Firday. They can do no more though me. They will not state that the system can be worked around, or the car moved without a key. But they can not explain why the Hwy Loss inst shows such a high thieft rate.

More going on then they will say.

My next step if you want me to, is trying to talk to the P.D. department investagating the thieft, and to try talking to the FBI to see if they know anything on cars with "Key Codes" being taken.

The car came with 2 master keys

1 valet no buttons

and a wallet key

if you where missing just one then it is easy to say that is where a key came from.Let them track it down.

Insurance companies all like to sya we refuse to honour our contract.

Problem is ,it is a contract and any court of law will uphold it unless they prove you had something to do with the theft of it you will get your money back.

They expect you to swallow it but nothing their lawyers say can convince a judge that they have no proof but still won;t pay.

Spend the $30 for court fees you won't be dissipointed.