Tire Shine

What kind do you use? I use Meguiars Hot Shine Aerosol spray. i like it, if you let it dry for 30 mins or so before drivinganywhere, you dont have the issues of spinoff you can get with similar products...and if you wipe it off yoru wheels it wont harm those either.

but im open to suggestiosn and better products. so lets hear it!

What kind do you use?  I use Meguiars Hot Shine Aerosol spray.  i like it, if you let it dry for 30 mins or so before drivinganywhere, you dont have the issues of spinoff you can get with similar products...and if you wipe it off yoru wheels it wont harm those either.

but im open to suggestiosn and better products.  so lets hear it!

I'm old school I guess. I started using Armor All in 1980 and have never really used anything else. I cover my wheel with my homemade wheel cover

(1/8" plywood w/handle) and soak'em down. I generally do mine at night and

let them rest all night. The next day they are very shiney. I still remember

when my friend Greg bought it for the first time when we were juniors in high

school - it was definately "Rocket Science." B)

What kind do you use?  I use Meguiars Hot Shine Aerosol spray.  i like it, if you let it dry for 30 mins or so before drivinganywhere, you dont have the issues of spinoff you can get with similar products...and if you wipe it off yoru wheels it wont harm those either.

I'm old school I guess. I started using Armor All in 1980 and have never really used anything else. I cover my wheel with my homemade wheel cover

(1/8" plywood w/handle) and soak'em down. I generally do mine at night and

let them rest all night. The next day they are very shiney. I still remember

when my friend Greg bought it for the first time when we were juniors in high

school - it was definately "Rocket Science." B)

Meguiars Tire Gel

Army- I use the tire foam then wipe off after approx 1-minute. It make a clean shine and works well..for me.

Still, its never advisable to put ANY kind of dressing on the tires of a motorcycle, even on the sidewalls. One slip and a little dressing on the tread and you're a dead man.

Ask a lot of serious bike enthusiasts if they put armor all on their tires, they don't.

• 3 weeks later...

i use "son of a gun" foam and protectant. It is the same as the armorall, but a bit cheaper. same company and everything. I really like the meguries but have no compaints about the son of a gun, only that it does not last as long as meguires

Zainos Z-16 Perfect Tire Gloss is great. I used to HATE tire dressings because they give the tires a horrible looking shine. With Zainos, it leaves them just one step above regular clean black rubber. I love this look, and I have had many people ask me how I get the tires so clean. The stuff doesn't fling, and just looks great.

Darren

• 4 weeks later...

Do you guys clean ur tires with a brush or something before you apply the tire shine? I have an all purpose spray which cleans/protects vinyl and rubber...so i can use it on my interior dash as well as my tires.

Like the zaino product....it does not give it the "bling bling" look but definately shines clean!

• 2 weeks later...

I use a product called No Touch Tire Care (original satin finish) made by Permatex. Just spray on and allow to dissolve - no wiping. The instructions specifically say not to use on motorcycle tires (or seats!). More info at www.permatex.com