Moonroof Won't Open!

LexKid630

This morning i had to go to the gas station to fill up some gas cans. Of corse i had to take my 03 rx300 (the one with all the problems) :angry: becasue of the room in the back. When i got back into the rx, i couldn't stand the smell of the gas, so i opened the windows a crack. I also decided that i was going to open the moonroof to vent out the vapors. When i clicked the button, nothing happened :censored: I tried the slide; nothing at all. I didn't even hear a motor turn or anything, so i don't think it was just that the "cold" was freezing it. I tried it a few minutes ago, and still nothing...

In the whole 2 years i've owned it, i don't think i've used the moonroof even once, so i don't know how old the problem is...

Does anyone know what might be wrong?

Check for a blown fuse.

Jeff

where is the fuse located? The car is still under warranty, whould i just fix it myself or send it to the dealer? which is lest costly (dah) LOL and less work?

Take ti to the dealer if still under warranty. i say dont mess with it if you dont have to.

It's deffinetly not my fault that the moonroof doesn't open....why should i have to pay for it, so i WILL give it to the dealer. I'm only worried if they're gonna tell me another excuse like, "It working as was designed," the same one they gave me when the 99 rx's transmission blew out :censored: . This is DEFFINETLY not working as was designed!

It's deffinetly not my fault that the moonroof doesn't open....why should i have to pay for it, so i WILL give it to the dealer. I'm only worried if they're gonna tell me another excuse like, "It working as was designed," the same one they gave me when the 99 rx's transmission blew out  :censored: . This is DEFFINETLY not working as was designed!

you knwo what, its a long shot, but give the switch a hit or 2. when the window switches on my ES stopped working, I hit them fairly hard and they all went back to normal. worth a shot. its already not working, so it cant get much worse right?

It's deffinetly not my fault that the moonroof doesn't open....why should i have to pay for it, so i WILL give it to the dealer. I'm only worried if they're gonna tell me another excuse like, "It working as was designed," the same one they gave me when the 99 rx's transmission blew out  :censored: . This is DEFFINETLY not working as was designed!

you knwo what, its a long shot, but give the switch a hit or 2. when the window switches on my ES stopped working, I hit them fairly hard and they all went back to normal. worth a shot. its already not working, so it cant get much worse right?

just wacked them with a rock LOL and still don't work :P A new scratch but no open moonroof...

Try opening it with the remote by holding down the unlock button for a several seconds.  This might at least tell you it's not a fuse and may be just the switch.

Keith

The moonroof still doesn't open :censored: The windows do but that's all.....

I'm taking it to the dealer right now.

• 16 years later...