04 Es330 Sd Rattles

hello all,

almost from week number one rattles from rear and some from right.

Ask service about it at 1k checkup and then at 5k service - got answer - all were checked and nothing found except they told me it could be not clossed rear hole / door to trunk area. I checked it - it's closed.

Now I'm going to have 10k service and already told then that I continue have those rattles.

I can't tell exactly from where rattles come :wacko: (doors or seats or etc.).

Any one has any rattles in ES330?

Any TSB for that matter?

Also, I was not able last time to ask service rep. to ride with me as was told they will check it for them self.

I'm in San Jose, CA and use Lexus Steven Creek.

May be other Lexus Service centers are better? Fremont?

Thanks.

There was a TSB for these type rattles in the '02-'03 ES 300's. There is a strong possibility that this problem continued into the '04 model also. I had it in my '03 and it was repaired by my Lexus dealer.

Update: There was a TSB issued for your year car:

NV004-04 MAY 04 Interior - Rear Door Trim Panel/Seal Rattles

Yep, there are three places they rattle, the rear doors, the moonroof, and the front windshield cowl. All of these are TSBs and warranty work.

would you mind to give me more info / links to pdf / etc.

that I can show to Lexus service at time I come here tonight? Please.

thanks.

Go to www.alldata.com and subscribe to their service, there you can print off the TSBs and get all the instructions etc.

I gave you the TSB number in my above post. (NV004-04 MAY 04 Interior )

Just tell the Lexus dealer this number, and they'll do the repair necessary. They also have these listings in their database of all TSB's as applies to Lexus automobiles.

Go to www.alldata.com and subscribe to their service, there you can print off the TSBs and get all the instructions etc.

I can't find year 2004 to subscribe to alldata service :cries:

when I pressed subscribe it shows just up to 2003.

What I'm missing?

thanks.

thanks

however half of those not related to ES330 :wacko:

and I didn't subscribe yet as they don't have info for any 2004 cars for a while.

any one can tell me what's inside those TSB? please.

I found TSB about right door rattle , but that again (from that list) for Sienna.

Bulletins for 2004 Lexus ES 330 V6-3311cc 3.3L DOHC (3MZ-FE)

Service Bulletins

TSB Number Issue Date

EL007R-03 MAY 04 SRS - Occupant Sensor DTC's B1150 and B1650

NV004-04 MAY 04 Interior - Rear Door Trim Panel/Seal Rattles

TC003-04 APR 04 A/T -Transmission Solenoid Identification

BR001-04 MAR 04 Brakes/Traction Control - 'Zero Point Calibration'

ST003-04 FEB 04 Steering/Suspension - Vehicle Pulls to The Left

EL007R-03 DEC 03 SRS - Calibration of Occupancy Classification System

BO012-03 DEC 03 Interior - Seat Belt Extender Applications/Availability

NV011-03 OCT 03 Body/Interior - Rear Seat/Parcel Tray Area Rattles

SS003R-01 SEP 03 Engine Controls - ECU Programming Error Displayed

What else don't you understand?

Bulletins for 2004 Lexus ES 330 V6-3311cc 3.3L DOHC (3MZ-FE)

Service Bulletins

TSB Number  Issue Date

EL007R-03      MAY 04      SRS - Occupant Sensor DTC's B1150 and B1650

NV004-04      MAY 04      Interior - Rear Door Trim Panel/Seal Rattles

TC003-04      APR 04      A/T -Transmission Solenoid Identification

BR001-04      MAR 04      Brakes/Traction Control - 'Zero Point Calibration'

ST003-04      FEB 04      Steering/Suspension - Vehicle Pulls to The Left

EL007R-03      DEC 03      SRS - Calibration of Occupancy Classification System

BO012-03      DEC 03      Interior - Seat Belt Extender Applications/Availability

NV011-03      OCT 03      Body/Interior - Rear Seat/Parcel Tray Area Rattles

SS003R-01      SEP 03      Engine Controls - ECU Programming Error Displayed

What else don't you understand?

I sent those to my dealer already 3 months before and got that reply:

EL007R-03 MAY 04 SRS - Occupant Sensor DTC's B1150 and B1650 RESET WEIGHT FOR PASS SENSOR IN SEAT FOR AIR BAG (NOT NEEDED)

NV004-04 MAY 04 Interior - Rear Door Trim Panel/Seal Rattles DOES NOT APPLY TO YOUR VEHICLE

TC003-04 APR 04 A/T -Transmission Solenoid Identification RESET ECU MEMORY (NOT NEEDED)

BR001-04 MAR 04 Brakes/Traction Control - 'Zero Point Calibration' RECALIBRATES IF ANGEL SENSOR WAS REPLACED (NOT NEEDED)

ST003-04 FEB 04 Steering/Suspension - Vehicle Pulls to The Left DOES NOT APPLY TO YOUR VEHICLE

EL007R-03 DEC 03 SRS - Calibration of Occupancy Classification System SAME AS LINE I.

BO012-03 DEC 03 Interior - Seat Belt Extender Applications/Availability CENTER CONSOLE LATCH IF NOT WORKING

NV011-03 OCT 03 Body/Interior - Rear Seat/Parcel Tray Area Rattles RATTLE NOISE FROM REAR PACKAGE AREA

SS003R-01 SEP 03 Engine Controls - ECU Programming Error Displayed UP DATE FOR INTERFACE WITH CAN SCANNER (NOT NEEDED)

Also I printed that page and shown it to service advisor and got that those not for my car at time I drop my car for 10k service.

But, serv.rep. arranged test ride with tech. and we drove and he aggred about rattles and some noice from front panel. So, I left my car for two days for fixes.

BTW - he aware of pause when you need speedup (change lanes, enter freeway) too.

That list is good start, but I can't see content unless I subscribe and I can't subscribe as 2004 year isn't ready for subscribe yet ...

That's why I asked about content for those TSB.

You may see content and Lexus defenetelly see it, but not me.

I'll post when I get my car from 10k service. BTW it's cost $200 for oil change and tire rotation :cries:

I'm sure that $200 oil change isn't high price for millioners :cheers: , but 10 time expensive none dialer service charges for it. And yes, for $20 you'll NOT get FREE loaner, but anyway ... So planning to do oil change and tire rotation by myself.

Hope that alldata DIY give me all info I need by this summer.

Thank you all for your answers. I'm new to Lexus, so I don't know much for a while.

BTW - I got my ES330 from service back

it took 2.5 days for tech. to find and kill rattles :P

after one day ride I don't hear that I heared before - so far so good.

Also tech. fixed some other issues (pull to the left)

Resume - deal with tech. directly.

Ask service adviser first for tech. and test drive with him and then no more missunderstandings.

I'm just interested in finding out whether your repair invoice had any TSB numbers on there for the work done to your car.  :rolleyes:

I'll check for that and post when come back home tonight

We had a rattle in our 2004 ES that lasted for months, it was absolutely infuriating. The dealer worked on the rattle several times and never could solve the problem. I happened to be in Albuquerque and took it to the local Lexus dealer. I drove around town while a mechanic sat in the back seat to isolate the sound. When we got back to the dealership the mechanic went inside came back with a can of belt dressing. He spayed the door jams on both back doors and cured the problem. We never had a rattle again. What we though was a rattle turned out to be a squeaking noise caused by the seal rubbing against the door jam. This was a real simple fix.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm just interested in finding out whether your repair invoice had any TSB numbers on there for the work done to your car.  :rolleyes:

Hello,

sorry, took so long for reply.

from my service notes:

cause: excessive clearance at V-brace & trtrunk access door latch

part# 7107533470A0

cause: excessive clearance at track harnesbracket causing rattle

part# 712003T020A1

cause: excessive clearance at lower dash causing rattle

part# 5540133160B0

also my car got realigment - had pull to the left

--------------------

looks like quality of ES is dropping down - IMO

If you look back over the history of Lexus cars, there have always been little things they've had to fix under warranty, as long as they're willing to fix them doesn't bother me...

If you look back over the history of Lexus cars, there have always been little things they've had to fix under warranty, as long as they're willing to fix them doesn't bother me...

agree 110%

all were fixed and I'm happy now

However, "LEXUS" isn't absolute quality as it was before ...

Even Consumer Report went in favor of Acura TL :wacko:

Where interior is "plastic with sharp edges" for $30k car :angry: - after that I went with Lexus ES.

Looks like overall trend of quality is going down :( with replacement of cheap materials - again IMO.

I do agree, its obvious when comparing the older models and the newer models that they've removed some of the quality control over the years. Its a shame but thats what happens when you try to do all the model lines that Lexus has now. They're still the best cars for the money though.