New To Lexus

fastball

Hi everyone.

This is my second post (posted something similar in the thread for the new IS 250), and I must be honest I've never owned a Lexus. But the reason I've joined this forum is because the looks of the new IS 250 have really blown me away. So much so that I would like to learn about the Lexus marque as much as possible. I'm a Honda enthusiast right now, driving a 2000 Prelude I've owned since new, but I know Toyota/Lexus makes fantastic vehicles as well. Just nothing that interrested me untill now. I am in the market for a 4 door touring sedan that must be rear wheel drive, offer a true manual transmission, and not have gimicky styling or be unreliable (since I drive about 25k miles/yr). Everything I've heard and read about Lexus is nothing but fantastic, it's just that you either could not get a manual transmission on their cars, or the one you could (current IS 300) has ugly altezza tail lamps and a cheap interior. So kudos to Lexus for this new design, and I'll be checking in on this forum for everyone's opinions about owning a Lexus long term.

Everything I've heard and read about Lexus is nothing but fantastic, it's just that you either could not get a manual transmission on their cars, or the one you could (current IS 300) has ugly altezza tail lamps and a cheap interior. So kudos to Lexus for this new design, and I'll be checking in on this forum for everyone's opinions about owning a Lexus long term.

welcome to LOC fastball!

hear you on the cheap interior - the old IS interior was very "plasticy" and really let the car down.

I actually like the rear lights though - although the altezza / IS is THE ONLY car they should be seen on :)

The new IS addresses both of these issues.

The tails lights have changed.

And I think the interior looks great! At least a 300% improvement on the old one.

I really want to see it in the steel :D

Everything I've heard and read about Lexus is nothing but fantastic, it's just that you either could not get a manual transmission on their cars, or the one you could (current IS 300) has ugly altezza tail lamps and a cheap interior. So kudos to Lexus for this new design, and I'll be checking in on this forum for everyone's opinions about owning a Lexus long term.

welcome to LOC fastball!

hear you on the cheap interior - the old IS interior was very "plasticy" and really let the car down.

I actually like the rear lights though - although the altezza / IS is THE ONLY car they should be seen on :)

The new IS addresses both of these issues.

The tails lights have changed.

And I think the interior looks great! At least a 300% improvement on the old one.

I really want to see it in the steel :D

speaking of the new IS, when i first saw pix of it, I thought it was the new GS!!! :whistles: The new IS looks WAY better than the 1st gen. :cheers: