Facelifted Rx330/350 In 2006?

i-spy

The RX is suppose to come out with the 3.5 engine in March of 2006.  Facelifts are usaually every 5 years on the Lexus cars.

Thanks! So, by March 2006, the RX will come with the 280hp engine? That will be very nice.

Yes, I know it usually takes 5 years to change the body style but I am thinking about mid life facelift. The old RX came out in 99 and got a facelift in 2001 before they completely redesign in 2004.

i-SpY

I wouldnt expect it to have 280hp, that would be in RX400h territory. If it gets the 3.5, it'll be detuned.

...but I can guarantee you that it will have nothing close to 650 lbs-ft of torque and 30 MPG city!

I wouldnt expect it to have 280hp, that would be in RX400h territory. If it gets the 3.5, it'll be detuned.

Yeah, I know I am thinking too postive. But with the new ML350 (268hp) and the current FX35 (280hp), it will be nice if Lexus bring us a more powerful engine. Not to mention the upcoming Audi Q7 and SAAB 97X.

Come on Lexus! Bring us all the good stuff you have done to new GS and IS.

i-SpY

Niether the new GS300 nor the IS have 280hp...

There are rumors floating around saying that the new IS 3XX will be using the 3.5 V6 engine from Avalon. Don't count me on that, I am not a 100% sure either.

i-SpY