The Cel Still On After Both O2 Sensors Changed

i got code read for CEL, bad bank 1 sensor 1. ok i changed both sensors(according to manual, there are only 2 sensors). but after 10 miles of driving, CEL came back on. got code read again... same problem. what`s up with this car? this car really bothers me, i am now missing my solara which i exchanged to this one!! :cries: :cries: :cries: :cries: :cries: :cries: :cries:

some one told me there are 3 sensors... can any one explain where exactly the 3 sensors are located? i changed 2, one just beside the engine in front under the hood. another under the car in the middle part... i can not see there is the third one.

Bank 2 Sensor 1 is the one between the engine and the radiator. This is the one you changed initially.

Bank 1 Senor 1 is in the same place but on the opposite side of the engine. It is hard to get at because it is between the engine and the firewall. Not much room to get your hands/tools in and move around.

Bank 1 Sensor 2 is the one that is best reached by going under the car. It is the one that is plugged directly into the U shaped pipe in the exhaust. You can see the side of it in this picture.

ATF_Change_004.jpg

steviej

i got code read for CEL, bad bank 1 sensor 1. ok i changed both sensors(according to manual, there are only 2 sensors). but after 10 miles of driving, CEL came back on. got code read again... same problem. what`s up with this car? this car really bothers me, i am now missing my solara which i exchanged to this one!! :cries:  :cries:  :cries:  :cries:  :cries:  :cries:  :cries:

Why would you replace both sensor? The manual never said anything about replacing 2 sensor. You need to find out the exact problem. Don't just swap parts and expect to fix your problem!

JP Importz

Why would you replace both sensor? The manual never said anything about replacing 2 sensor.  You need to find out the exact problem.  Don't just swap parts and expect to fix your problem! 

JP Importz

JP and cruznroadking, bare with dickholy,

this thread is actually a continuation of a previous thread he had posted. Bank 2 Sensor 1 was mistakenly switched out initially because of a misinformed AutoZone employee. The good sensor was discarded and not retrievable. A second sensor was purchased and I am guessing now that it was put in the Bank 1 Sensor 2 spot and not the Bank 1 Sensor 1 spot.

steviej

Why would you replace both sensor? The manual never said anything about replacing 2 sensor.  You need to find out the exact problem.  Don't just swap parts and expect to fix your problem! 

JP Importz

JP and cruznroadking, bare with dickholy,

this thread is actually a continuation of a previous thread he had posted. Bank 2 Sensor 1 was mistakenly switched out initially because of a misinformed AutoZone employee. The good sensor was discarded and not retrievable. A second sensor was purchased and I am guessing now that it was put in the Bank 1 Sensor 2 spot and not the Bank 1 Sensor 1 spot.

steviej

Yeah,

I wouldn't trust anyone at autozone diagnost your vehicle. So the problem is resolved?

JP Importz

thanks everybody here..... my problems have been solved, now the car is excellent!!! i am very appreciated all your help! all 3 sensors are found exactly as steveJ said... bank 1 sensor 1 is really hard to find, but finally my dad helped me to replaced it in about 30mins. i totally bought 2 new sensors, one is from autozone(Bosch) and another one from parkplugs.com(Denso).