Touch Screen

nc211

NO, 95 model used nakamichi while the 98 and up that have navigation used mark levinson system which is completely different thing, this is for starters, electronics on the 95 and 98 are completely different so it will not control your AC.

Blake's right, ML came out in 01. The 98+ navs only came with the base pioneer stereo, you couldn't get Nakamichi and nav together.

I highly doubt it will work, even if it does it will require EXTENSIVE electrical wiring.

Not worth it, but an aftermarket nav.

Is this possible? Can a 98 nav / control unit be installed and actually work like it should in a 95 non-nav setup?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=38644

You can rest assured that this unit will do exactly what it says in the description. 100% guaranteed to work. ;)

A drawing of the Nav system component locations in my 00 LS repair manual shows a trunk mounted (under the removable floor panel on the right side) Navigation ECU and "NACHMICHI made" amplifier. The Nav ECU/amplifier mounts on the three closely spaced stud bolts to the rear of where the phone unit mounts on the two widely spaced stud bolts. The only prewiring I have noticed in the right side of my trunk is for the phone. If the head unit includes everything (GPS antenna, cables and trunk mounted stuff), then it all could work.

Maybe someone with a 98-00 with Nav could post a picture of the trunk mounted components if you decide to go further with this. Sounds like an interesting project...

I saw a 98-00 LS a few days ago that had what appeared to be a Garmin StreetPilot mounted on the dash above the center air vent - looked surprisingly good - color even closely matched the dash. Unlike that old LS Nav on eBay, updates for the Garmin and other aftermarket Nav's are still available.

Is this possible? Can a 98 nav / control unit be installed and actually work like it should in a 95 non-nav setup?

Anything is possible......it would require LOTS of wiring as SW said, and possibly more components to make it work. It's NOT a simple plug and play deal. Nav option was first introduce in 98.