New Tires!

But remember, Lexus chose the pressure that is on the door. They wouldn't choose a pressure that would crack a wheel. I've driven mine on 29 PSI for 45k miles in DC where the potholes will swallow you up and no cracked or bent wheels. My dad drove his 98 LS for 160k on 29 PSI, no problems, not sure what the spec on his LS430 is, probably 30 or 31 since they're 17s.

If anything you're more likely to have problems at a higher pressure with poitholes because the tire can't absorb as much shock.

Anyways at 29 the tires aren't low enough for anything to have contact with the wheel rim, they just LOOK a little low in the front, they aren't actually low.

well, at the moment, i like the way it rides. and FWIW, my struts are so old they are usless. i bottom out on freeway dips.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should be fine at that pressure, between the pressure on the door and the max pressure of the tire is all personal preference. My point was only that airing them to the factory specs won't do any harm.

You should be fine at that pressure, between the pressure on the door and the max pressure of the tire is all personal preference. My point was only that airing them to the factory specs won't do any harm.

ah, see...there i go again, completely missing your point LOL :wacko: .

that was my concern, will the tire end up lik the yokohama i had and nearly fly apart?

I don't; I've had the LS up to 120mph a few times, and she was always glued to the ground-never light or floaty...granted it's no GS430 with sports rims and low profile tires. ;)

:blushing:

I wasn't taking a pop mate - sorry if it seemed that way.

its just I got my car back from a service years ago (this was a Renault - not Lexus). The techs had obviously adjusted my tyre pressures.

I picked it up, got in, and the handling was completely diiferent.

It was very light and floaty, the wheel turned much too easily and there was hardly any "feel" for the road.

noticed it immediately - but it took me a while to work out they had massively overinflated my tyres.

Oh no!! I didn't take it that way at all! I appologize if I came across in a snide manner. If you lived over here, I'd be glad to let you take her up to speed and see what you think. I've had my tires at 44psi for so long it's just a habbit now. I tried 30ish on my ES(didn't care for it) but never in the LS. I'll have to give it a try and see how it rides.

I assumed you were talking about your GS430 when you mentioned that-and yet we see what happens when one assumes. :lol: That's why I put that in there; each Lexus model has its own strong points. I've driven a few GS's(the 430 is superb), and they have a much tighter feel than the LS plus with those pimp rims :) ; we weren't talkin apples to apples...that's all I was getting at. ;)

Either way, when I said it's no GS430 etc...you should have said you're damn right because your car is wicked-I don't like mods, but you did it right on your car! B)

:cheers:

Oh no!! I didn't take it that way at all! I appologize if I came across in a snide manner. If you lived over here, I'd be glad to let you take her up to speed and  see what you think. I've had my tires at 44psi for so long it's just a habbit now. I tried 30ish on my ES(didn't care for it) but never in the LS. I'll have to give it a try and see how it rides.

I assumed you were talking about your GS430 when you mentioned that-and yet we see what happens when one assumes. :lol: That's why I put that in there; each Lexus model has its own strong points. I've driven a few GS's(the 430 is superb), and they have a much tighter feel than the LS plus with those pimp rims :) ; we weren't talkin apples to apples...that's all I was getting at. ;)

Either way, when I said it's no GS430 etc...you should have said you're damn right because your car is wicked-I don't like mods, but you did it right on your car!  B)

:cheers:

Well, i put the tires to the ultimate dry traction test today. took a 90 degree curve (nto a sharp corner, but a curve) at about 50. car tracked right through it. it was a right hand turn, and even with massive body roll (worn struts...remeber :rolleyes: ), she never once lost her grip. I had CL member "GATO" along for the ride. he was scared!

on the way home from irving this morning, i was changing lanes sharply a few times, tracked quite well. im overly impressed. usually performance tires are noiser/stiffer, but these are by far, the best.

i cant wait for the rain so i can do a wet turn traction test. it rained a little this morning so did a start/stop wet traction test. not bad.

so on a scale with 1 bing worst and 10 being best

Dry traction-Start: 10

Dry traction-Stop: 10

Dry Traction: S-curve-10

Dry Traction- Hairpin-9.8 (they werent completely silent, had a little squeal)

Dry traction- Rapid Lane Change (performed at 75 mph): 10

Wet Traction-Start: 9.8 (some slip initailly, but i hit the gas too hard)

Wet Traction-Stop: 8.5 (due partially to worn struts)

More tests to come!

Don't kill yourself doing these tests, it isn't worth it. :whistles:

yes it is :D

No serriously, all tests were performed inthe clear with minimal traffic. Not to sound cocky, but i have had LOTS of driver training and logged well over 500,000 miles total in my short driving life, and i have been to Skip Barber. I drive better than 90% of drivers on the road. I never outdrive my car or its/my abilities. take it to the limit? definately...Do it all the time? no...Push the limits? possibly...but not usually.

But i would NEVER endanger the life of another human being. Ask anyone who has seen me drive on a track, or late at night on the interstate. I might do 100+ at times, but i dont tailgate, and i usually avoid sudden manuevers (except for the sake of these tests), i ALWAYS signal, and i nevr purposely cut people off unless i have to to avoid an accident, which doesnt happen because i dont do these things in traffic. The Hairpin was done on a back road, no traffic, duringh the middle of the day when everyone is at work. there was not a single car on the road other than myself.

the swift lane changes were done this morning at 1 am. not a soul there either.

Thank you for your concern :) , i do appreciate it, but it isnt warranted. :)

I drive better than 90% of drivers on the road.

Any driving instructor will tell you to be careful with that one...

yes, but when you have spent thousands fo dollars to learn from the best, you usually pick something up. ;)

i know, i try to refrain from sounding like that. it really isnt my nature.

I've taken driving courses too, one thing you'll learn is that what you learn on the track doesn't always translate as well to the street as you think it will. Overconfidence is the single most dangerous thing you can possess as a driver. It makes you slow and it makes you inattentive. When you're learning and on the track you're always 100% there, the mark of a good driver is someone who can take the skills they're taught on the track and still put them to good use on the street when they're distracted by other things. That can't be bought and it can't be taught, it comes from experience. Look at the driving records of pro race car drivers, you hear about them being involved in accidents all the time. They're excellent drivers on the track when they're 100% there, on the street they're overconfident.

I was at a driving course once where a 45 year old guy made a similar comment about his skill. The instructor played it cool, put him in the skid car and asked him to do a little demonstration for the class. He started out on the road course well, obviously a well trained driver. The instructor lured him into a false sense of security by letting him to successive laps and increase his time. Then he pushed up the back end of the car to simulate oversteer in a tight curve and the guy totally lost it, did a 360 and would up totally off the track. He made a fool of him.

He was overconfident. He had the skills but his cockyness put them to sleep. Had he been 100% there he could have compensated for that skid, that was first day defensive driver training stuff.

I've taken driving courses too, one thing you'll learn is that what you learn on the track doesn't always translate as well to the street as you think it will. Overconfidence is the single most dangerous thing you can possess as a driver. It makes you slow and it makes you inattentive. When you're learning and on the track you're always 100% there, the mark of a good driver is someone who can take the skills they're taught on the track and still put them to good use on the street when they're distracted by other things. That can't be bought and it can't be taught, it comes from experience. Look at the driving records of pro race car drivers, you hear about them being involved in accidents all the time. They're excellent drivers on the track when they're 100% there, on the street they're overconfident.

I was at a driving course once where a 45 year old guy made a similar comment about his skill. The instructor played it cool, put him in the skid car and asked him to do a little demonstration for the class. He started out on the road course well, obviously a well trained driver. The instructor lured him into a false sense of security by letting him to successive laps and increase his time. Then he pushed up the back end of the car to simulate oversteer in a tight curve and the guy totally lost it, did a 360 and would up totally off the track. He made a fool of him.

He was overconfident. He had the skills but his cockyness put them to sleep. Had he been 100% there he could have compensated for that skid, that was first day defensive driver training stuff.

steve, i told you, i dont mean to be cocky...but when it comes to driving, im NOT inexperienced. experience doesnt nessecarily have to do with age, but moreso with the ampount of time/distance you have behind the wheel in real life situations.

I hope you arent suggesting that i would do these things in traffic? because that is the total opposite of what im saying. i dont condone this kind of behaivour on streets period, but i have nowhere else to do this i cant get on texas motor speedway with this car, it leaks power steering fluid, and even if i could, i still would be restricted behind the pace car at 80 mph.

on a freeway at 1am with minimal traffic, the only person im going to take out is myself.

I understand very much that confidence is the key to driving well, knowing your limits and what your vehcile can do, but OVERconfidence is where people get into trouble. i really was trying to be careful how i worded that...because i was afraid someone would say something to that effect. there really isnt anything i can say now that would make me sound NOT overconfident, you see what im getting at?

Im sorry if you arent confident in my abilites, but if i couldnt do it, i wouldnt. i have been trained well enough to know that much.

there is one thing that no driving school in the world can even come close to approximating, and thats experience, and i have more of that than i care to.

I'm not saying you are inexperienced, I'm just saying don't expect that experience to automatically kick in and save your butt in a pinch because it won't, too many people make driving a passive activity and it isn't, its an active activity. I wasn't so much talking about your testing the tires as making a general statement about the dangers of overconfidence in everyday driving. A lot of people spend thousands of dollars on performance driving schools thinking they can buy their way to being a good driver, they often do it for the bragging rights. True that you can learn some great skills but I think there's a law of diminishing returns. When you get off the road course in the skid car onto the track in a high performance car I think you've crossed over into an area where you're increasing your track skill but not your road skill. The two skills are different, the kinds of cars you drive, how you drive, and where you drive are different. Again, ask race car drivers they'll tell you. You pick up good stuff when it comes to knowing the physics of curves and balance of weight but beyond that, I don't buy it.

Why don't they give insurance deductions for performance driver training? Because the risk analysts realize that taking performance driving training does nothing to lower your risk of an accident. Defensive driving training however, that consists of skid car training and instruction on how to handle a road car (one course I used had a taurus and a crown vic) on a simulated road, a skid car that they could use to create any driving situation, will get you a discount. Insurance companies are sharp, what they will deduct your rate for is a good indicator of whats worthwhile. If an alarm system for instance or safety feature doesn't lower your rates, its probably not worth buying. People make a living assessing risk for insurance companies.

You also need to remember what these assesors have projected about your age. Your insurance rates are based on your age, not the miles you drive. Extensive studies have shown that new drivers take about 5 years to become as competent as the AVERAGE American motorist. This has part to do with experience and part to do with chronological age. At your age your reflexes, problem solving abilities, attention span, and the smoothness of your motor functions are not that of a 25 year old, they will still improve until they reach a point when they will begin to decline. Thats why you get a deduction when you turn 21. You get another deduction when you turn 25. You've only been driving for 2 years, 500,000 miles or not you've got a lot of experience yet to have and a lot of maturing physically and mentally yet to do. Not recognizing that is foolish IMHO.

Now I will give you my opinion on the tire testing. I wholly frown on any kind of performance driving on public roads at any hour of the night in any kind of conditions. I think thats irresponsible, foolish, dangerous, not to mention wholly illegal. I think anyone who does that should have their license revoked and is certainly overconfident. Even at all hours of the night you can't control any variables surrounding you. You can't control the condition of the roadway, movement of traffic, pedestrians, animals, debris. ESPECIALLY with a passenger...

High performance driving is great, its a lot of fun and a great challenge. It belongs on a track though. If a track won't accept you because of the condition of your car, theres a reason for that. I think driving that car with the problems that it has in the steering system and the suspension, on a public roadway in that manner with a passenger was an enormous error in judgement.

I KNOW we have a lot of experienced and accomplished drivers on here because I've talked to them. Steve, Jim, Alan, vbDenny. These guys have decades of driving experience (some more decades than others lol) and I bet any one of them could drive circles around either one of us. I'd like to hear their input.

you have your opinion, and you are entitled to it. :D

im sorry you feel that way. i didnt endanger anyone, gato and i did this all in good fun. i had his consent. if he had asked me not to do it, i woudlnt have. and i told him what i was going to do before i did it.

FWIW, i was only doing 5 over the speed limit. it wasnt like i was booking along at triple digit speeds and darting in and out of traffic, there wasnt a vehcile for 100 yards in any direction. you and everyone else here are going to have there opinions. I chalk it up to the way thing work. its america, and if its not, its the internet at least. you are just as much entitled to your opinion as i am to mine.

as i said before, i dont tailgate, i dont dart in and out of traffic unexpectedly and i dont cut people off on purpose.

that said, if i may be so bold, i wouldnt enjoy riding with you in your calm manner as much as i would if you took a chance every now and then, but that is the kind of person i am. accept it or dont, makes no difference to me.

I have been driving for 6 years. you are allowed a provisional licsnece at 14 in alaska (AKA Learners permit). do your math again steve LOL. im 20. ;)

I do go to autoX tracks frequently and practice (they do accept me), they have a course setup at my local college thats quite a blast, so my track skills get honed there, and my street skills are honed on the street, where there are MANY different distractions.

but rest assured, driving down a freeway in the middle of the night (i dont know if you have ever been to Ft worth, but it isnt a nighttime city) and having a little fun on my new tires HARDLY qualifies me as an irresponsible driver. Becuase you cant tell me you have never done something similar, if you do, i wont buy it, not for a minute.

Texas motor speedway will not allow ANY CAR that is leaking ANYTHING to get on the track. you arent even allowed to use the same tires that you do on the street, nor are you allowed to run your A/C while on the track. thats how strict they are.

as for my car, everything else except the struts are fine. the leak in the powersteering doesnt affect the way the car drives. i wish you could drive it, its quite incredible.

Umm and i dont think i made myself clear, Gato wa only around for the test of the 50 mph curve. i was alone in the car the rest of the time. may or may not make a difference in your opinion. error in jundgemnt or not, you are judging me by what you state now.

and as for steves input, i knwo there are people out there that can drive circles around me, and im not aguing that, but there really isnt any need to bring them in here. you are severly overreacting (not that i can fault you)...you dont know the conditions and you dont know my skills/the condition of my automobile well enogh to judge.

I have never done anything similar, honestly I never have. When I want to have fun with some performance cars I take a driving course. I drive an ES300, it doesn't inspire me to test its limits at all. Its a barge.

You DID make it sound like you were reaching speeds higher than 5MPH over the limit, if that wasn't your intention I apologize for taking it that way. Still though, a public highway is nowhere to be testing the limits of your car, especially when it has advanced deficiencies in the steering and suspension. I'm sure you have many tracks where you can pay a fee and take a lap or two, we do. There are also driving courses that you drive your own car during. I know because I've taken them.

that said, if i may be so bold, i wouldnt enjoy riding with you in your calm manner as much as i would if you took a chance every now and then, but that is the kind of person i am. accept it or dont, makes no difference to me.

Just because I don't test the limits of my car on the highway doesn't mean I drive like a grandma. I'm a fairly aggressive driver and I drive over the speed limit. What you have to realize is driving is not a game, you don't drive in such a way that "excites" people you're with. You drive to get to a destination and get there safely. If you want to have fun, then thats what one of the many avenues of driving fun exist for, drag strips, autocross, tracks. Plenty of avenues for outlet of a desire for speed and fun. The highway is not one of them. Thats part of being an adult, the things you do have consequences. Driving people in your car is a responsibility, had you had an accident and killed him nobody would care if he gave you his consent, you'd be before a judge in a wrongful death suit before you were out of traction. Thats how America works.

Again, you don't need to get defensive. You know me, when have you ever known me to hold back how I feel about anything? You haven't. That may make people uncomfortable at times and it may make people angry, but I've found in the long run people appreciate it because you always know where you stand with me.

This is something that I feel is very important, I've seen people I know die, their lives get ruined, and their and other's property destroyed all because they're overconfident in their driving skill. Most people think they're the best driver on the road thats common, well you add a little training to that and suddenly that tendency towards personal fable turns dangerous.

I had a friend in high school, on his 17th birthday he got a brand new BMW 323 coupe. I rode with him one time, around the block and never have since. I gave him 3 months before he totalled it, he surprised me and did it in 2.

Go to an autocross event and ask the facillitators what they think about doing high speed lane changes on a public highway in a 15 year old car with leaky power steering and a shot suspension. They won't be as kind as I was.

I'm not overreacting at all, I'm giving you advice. You should welcome the addition of other people more experienced than you that bring their advice. There will always be people in your life that have advice to give you, take all of it its free. You know me well enough to know I won't let anyone get away with a statement like "I'm a better driver than 90% of the people on the road". If my friend had listened to me he wouldn't have had to bum his mom's 10 year old Taurus wagon the rest of the way through HS and college and he wouldn't have had to pay $5000 a year for insurance.

Steve-

I totally agree with your above post.

I have been driving about 60 years with everything from tractor trailers, tow trucks, army vehicles, motorcycles, etc, etc.

I'm aware of certain conditions that will deteriorate as you age.....even though I still think I can drive as good as ever, I'm definitely aware of this and take this into consideration. Thankfully, in all this time I've had only 2 minor accidents and mucho parking tickets. :)

When I was in my early 20's I was a charter member of the Long Island Timing Association, which sponsored Police sanctioned drag meets, auto modifications, auto shows. There were no such things as Skip Barber performance schools, but we all learned from the experienced members who drove in the Bridgehampton auto races on Long Island. (1950's) If you're interested you can read this book that was published last year> http://www.arteauto.com/press/pressreleaseoctober2004.htm

All in all, I feel, with age comes wisdom in all experiences in life.

I have never done anything similar, honestly I never have. When I want to have fun with some performance cars I take a driving course. I drive an ES300, it doesn't inspire me to test its limits at all. Its a barge.

You DID make it sound like you were reaching speeds higher than 5MPH over the limit, if that wasn't your intention I apologize for taking it that way. Still though, a public highway is nowhere to be testing the limits of your car, especially when it has advanced deficiencies in the steering and suspension. I'm sure you have many tracks where you can pay a fee and take a lap or two, we do. There are also driving courses that you drive your own car during. I know because I've taken them.

Just because I don't test the limits of my car on the highway doesn't mean I drive like a grandma. I'm a fairly aggressive driver and I drive over the speed limit. What you have to realize is driving is not a game, you don't drive in such a way that "excites" people you're with. You drive to get to a destination and get there safely. If you want to have fun, then thats what one of the many avenues of driving fun exist for, drag strips, autocross, tracks. Plenty of avenues for outlet of a desire for speed and fun. The highway is not one of them. Thats part of being an adult, the things you do have consequences. Driving people in your car is a responsibility, had you had an accident and killed him nobody would care if he gave you his consent, you'd be before a judge in a wrongful death suit before you were out of traction. Thats how America works.

Again, you don't need to get defensive. You know me, when have you ever known me to hold back how I feel about anything? You haven't. That may make people uncomfortable at times and it may make people angry, but I've found in the long run people appreciate it because you always know where you stand with me.

This is something that I feel is very important, I've seen people I know die, their lives get ruined, and their and other's property destroyed all because they're overconfident in their driving skill. Most people think they're the best driver on the road thats common, well you add a little training to that and suddenly that tendency towards personal fable turns dangerous.

I had a friend in high school, on his 17th birthday he got a brand new BMW 323 coupe. I rode with him one time, around the block and never have since. I gave him 3 months before he totalled it, he surprised me and did it in 2.

Go to an autocross event and ask the facillitators what they think about doing high speed lane changes on a public highway in a 15 year old car with leaky power steering and a shot suspension. They won't be as kind as I was.

I'm not overreacting at all, I'm giving you advice. You should welcome the addition of other people more experienced than you that bring their advice. There will always be people in your life that have advice to give you, take all of it its free. You know me well enough to know I won't let anyone get away with a statement like "I'm a better driver than 90% of the people on the road".

true steve, very true. but you arent hearing me,

THERE WAS NOONE AROUND!!!

i can and frequently do visit and drive the autx track at my school. almost every weekend. and i do it in my leaky ES250. the only things the shocks are affecting currently is body roll. yeah, it could be better, but its not so horrbly bad that im gonna flip.

I understand also that you are giving me advice. but im not one to take it when its presneted this way. i pretty much have to be nugded in one direction slowly, or i likely wont accept it.

now that we know we arent mad at each other, i admit, perhaps it was an error in judgement on my part, however...do you call the CL memebr that took me from 0-100 in a 45mph zone in less than 2 city blocks responsible? if we had crashed, i would have died, so would he. i had nothing to gain by asking the driver to do that except the thrill. and i asked him what it felt like to take a 700 HP IS300 to full throttle.

(FWIW, you would be surprised at how well this car autx's even in its current state. i dont compete, because thats not what the car was made for, but i do enjoy some fun every now and then).

Look at it this way, would you rather me test the abilities of the tires now and know what they are cabable of? or would you rather me never know until i need them and they arent what i expected.

now i know the limits of the tires, and i can react accordingly. not that i will be anywhere near those limits again.

and you still cant tell me you have never broken 100 mph in your ES. ;)

My point to all this is, there are people out there doing MUCH worse thinsg in a car than someone testing thier new tires at 1am on an empty freeway. just today i saw a car darting in and out, tailgating and flashing hsi high beams in peoples mirrors, passing on the shoulder, cutting off person andter person...

thats exactly what i dont drive like. im very calm, cool and collected when driving. if i am not in the position to pay attention to all things at once, then someone else drives. I have other cars i drvie when i want to go fast, but i woudl rather drive my ES fast once or twice and know what its capable of should i ever need it. there was no showing off involved here. i had a passenger because he wanted to come along, knwoing full well what i was about to do.

sorry if you dont agree with it, but seeing as i dont do this usually anywhere except a track, i see no reason to change my driving style, as there is nothing wrong with it. im very calm when behind the wheel of a car.

that said, i wish i had a 5 speed so i could feel more tuned in to the car.

this is exactly what i was trying to avoid when i said " i dont mean to sound cocky".

you are acting liek thats my everyday driving style. that couldnt be farther from the truth.

There you go, 60 years of driving experience right there. Learn from it. He's had 2 minor accidents in 60 years of driving, you've totalled one car in 4. Welcome his advice. Talk about an amazing source of information, being closed and not welcoming to advice you shut the door on all of that. You don't have all the answers, I don't have all the answers, he doesn't have all the answers, but he's got more answers than you or I do.

Look back on this thread, you've driven the entire exchange. I started very simply, you one upped me and again bragged about your training not knowing that I've had similar training. Every time I've given you information, and this is information like I said these are facts, these are things that I care a lot about and I spend a lot of time becoming versed in things that I care about. Instead of reading and absorbing what I've said you come right back and try to discount me again without even acknowledging the information I've presented to you.

That way of exchanging is counterproductive because you never learn anything. You should try to learn something out of every exchange.

true steve, very true. but you arent hearing me,

THERE WAS NOONE AROUND!!!

I am hearing you, you're not hearing me. You can't know that no one was around because you have no control over the environment you were driving in. Someone could have come up on you from nowhere doing 100MPH and you could have lane changed right into him. That wouldnt happen on a track would it? No, because thats a controlled situation.

I understand also that you are giving me advice. but im not one to take it when its presneted this way. i pretty much have to be nugded in one direction slowly, or i likely wont accept it.

Lets be honest here, you're not one to take advice period. Thats okay, its your loss. I don't care how you like to be nudged, nobody else in your life will either. People aren't going to go out of their way to help you or give you guidance, its gonna be there and if you clam up and don't accept it because you don't like how its "presented" you're going to miss a whole lot. You think I accomplished what I've accomplished at my age on my own? No, I've learned and continue to learn SO much from others, many things people didn't even know they'd taught me.

now that we know we arent mad at each other, i admit, perhaps it was an error in judgement on my part, however...do you call the CL memebr that took me from 0-100 in a 45mph zone in less than 2 city blocks responsible? if we had crashed, i would have died, so would he. i had nothing to gain by asking the driver to do that except the thrill. and i asked him what it felt like to take a 700 HP IS300 to full throttle.

No, he's an idiot.

Look at it this way, would you rather me test the abilities of the tires now and know what they are cabable of? or would you rather me never know until i need them and they arent what i expected.

I would rather you had done it in a parking lot or in some sort of controlled location.

and you still cant tell me you have never broken 100 mph in your ES.

I haven't, its been to about 95 but not cruising only passing a couple of times. There's no reason to drive that fast on a public road.

My point to all this is, there are people out there doing MUCH worse thinsg in a car than someone testing thier new tires at 1am on an empty freeway. just today i saw a car darting in and out, tailgating and flashing hsi high beams in peoples mirrors, passing on the shoulder, cutting off person andter person...

You have to stop measuring yourself against other people. It doesn't matter what they do, what matters is what you do.

now that we know we arent mad at each other,

And we're not, honestly. It just frustrates me when I see people who are so unwilling to accept well meaning advice.

He's had 2 minor accidents in 60 years of driving, you've totalled one car in 4.

ouch steve. and it was one in 8 (i have had 8 car sin the past, a few of which i still have)

that was not my goddamned fault. Im one to take responsibility when i *BLEEP* up, but that wasnt one i could even stomach half the blame for. i was puttering along at 20 mph in a school zone...

completely off the subject anyways. im pretty bullheaded. what did you want me to do, sit here and take it when you nitpick my every little desicion. thats hard for me as a person steve. i simply cant sit here without trying to defend myself. you see it as advice, but i saw it differently. its the internet these mix ups happen. i will come back to this thread tomorrow and read it again, when i am more apt to take advice, cause right now im a little steamed (not much to do with anything here, just situations).

yes it could have been done under better circumstances, but the only way to get better circumstances than this would be to pay to go to a track. i didnt have one nearby right at the moment.

this is not about your advice not being heeded, your acting liek this is the way i drive every day...ITS NOT. im fond of you as a person steve. but you are a VERY direct person, and sometimes i have trouble stomaching the things you say. it takes me a minute.

60 years is a long time. i tried to tell you all i didnt want to soudn cocky, as its not my nature to be cocky. but there is only so much i can take.

that said, all advice i get is valuable to me.

but i have to see it as advice and not as a direct hit on my character, otherwise i get defnesive.

Lets be honest here, you're not one to take advice period. Thats okay, its your loss. I don't care how you like to be nudged, nobody else in your life will either. People aren't going to go out of their way to help you or give you guidance, its gonna be there and if you clam up and don't accept it because you don't like how its "presented" you're going to miss a whole lot.

i do take more advice than you will ever know. i cruise the forums and i take a little bit from nearly every meainging full post. Im sure you didnt mean the above comment to be an !Removed!, you simply feel that its the only way to get through to me, in fact it works the opposite way, i dont listen when im being "yelled" at. its a problem i have always head, though i am working on it.

there are alot of thinsg you say on this forum, and not many of them go unnoticed or unheeded by me. this one in too will be heeded, it will just take a little bit to "sink in". Im still young and perhaps i dont think things through all the time as much as i should, ill admit that. but i can honestly say, that i knew the risks, and i took them. its the past and it cant be changed.

i understand you say these things because you care, but being hurtful is not the way to get them across and thats how it came across to me.

i used to drive like a maniac, but at the time of my accident, i was really starting to settle out of the speed demon teenage phase. i had an airbag blow up in my face, it changed my driving style permanently and is not something i will soon forget.

I'm not nitpicking at all, it got away from anything you did a long time ago. Why do you have to defend yourself to me? Its not neccisary. I've offered you my viewpoint on the situation and its up to you to decide what you want to do with that information, defending yourself to me is not neccisary.

I'm also not trying to be hurtful at all, I just get frustrated easily.

Wow.....with all this repartee going on tonight, I missed my shows on cable. I had to be tuned in here.

Glad that All's well that ends well. :cheers:

Alan