Leather Moisturizer ?

Is it good to moisturize leather seats?

Does it make the leather last longer?

Will it prevent/bends creases in the leather?

Will it discolor the surface?

How often should/can it be added?

Any specific brands to suggest?

Thanks; trying to keep it in as perfect condition as possible ;)

why do you have so many lexus vehicles ?

there is a detailing forum on this site. This is moderated by sw03es and has more information than youll ever want to know.

just saying this, cause im sure this thread will be moved.

there is also a free handbook on detailing there for all LOC member, which is free. that coul help u too

-neil

there is a detailing forum on this site.  This is moderated by sw03es and has more information than youll ever want to know. 

just saying this, cause im sure this thread will be moved.

there is also a free handbook on detailing there for all LOC member, which is free.  that coul help u too

-neil

NeiLtYmE- maybe it's his family's cars too.

by the way...you condition leather , not moisturize ;)

you need to treat the leather as if it were your leather jacket. clean it and condition it so it will last. i use lexol products.

:cheers:

:unsure: I can only inagine the INSURANCE responsibility on that fleet. :D

The LS i got for my son, The 04 ES330 i got for my daughter, The 05 ES330 is my wife's, and the Rx330 and Rx300 are mine.

both my wife and i drive over 40k miles a year so I have 2 cars to divide the miles up a little, and just because i love Lexus's ;) Also the rx300 has major problems so i have the rx330 for backup :angry: The rx300 will be going soon; it already has 61k miles on it... and a new POW (problem of the week) every week... :censored:

And yeah the insurance is a killer...and the taxes! yikes..LOL

Q:1. Is it good to moisturize leather seats?

A leather conditioner we put ‘moisture’ back into the leather in the form of oils

Q:2. Does it make the leather last longer? 3. Will it prevent/bends creases in the leather?4. Will it discolor the surface?

2. Yes, 3. Yes and 4. No

Q:5. How often should/can it be added?

Schedule: Once every 30-60 days, Arizona, Florida and Texas, especially in summer, for northern climates between 90-120 days, use a leather conditioner to restore these natural oils and keep the leather soft and supple. (Criot's Leather Care, Autoglym Leather Care Cream, Zanio Z10 Leather in a Bottle or Zymol Treat leather cleaners are all good maintenance products)

Q:6. Any specific brands to suggest?

What type of leather does the vehicle have? Different bands are formulated for different types of leathers?

JonM

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I use Meguiar's Gold Class Rich Leather Cleaner/Conditioner. I have been happy with the results - especially that the product is absorbed quickly and does not leave a residue or leave the leather seats/armrests feeling oily.

• 2 weeks later...
Q:1. Is it good to moisturize leather seats?

A leather conditioner we put ‘moisture’ back into the leather in the form of oils

Q:2. Does it make the leather last longer? 3. Will it prevent/bends creases in the leather?4. Will it discolor the surface?

2. Yes, 3. Yes and 4. No

Q:5. How often should/can it be added?

Schedule: Once every 30-60 days, Arizona, Florida and Texas, especially in summer, for northern climates between 90-120 days, use a leather conditioner to restore these natural oils and keep the leather soft and supple. (Criot's Leather Care, Autoglym Leather Care Cream, Zanio Z10 Leather in a Bottle or Zymol Treat leather cleaners are all good maintenance products)

Q:6. Any specific brands to suggest?

What type of leather does the vehicle have? Different bands are formulated for different types of leathers?

JonM

All of my cars have the ivory leather that comes on the car...I went to the nearest Auto Zone and they gave me this leather moisturizer. I put in on my rx330 and it seems pretty nice. The leather is so much softer!

I got some of the Griots Leather Care product about 3 weeks ago and put it on our leather seats. The leather scent it left behind is still there and is wonderful! I have also used the Autoglym product and like it as well. It doesn't leave the leather scent, but does leave a nice, clean scent. I used the Meguiar's Gold Class as well and did like it, but didn't feel as if it did as great of a job. The Griots & Autoglym stuff are my two favorites. I have used Lexol before too and it is a great product as well. That is what I keep on my parent's LX. Give the Griots stuff a try....www.griotsgarage.com (I think)....it isn't expensive at all....and they have all other kinds of goodies!!