Are Airbags Really Necessary W/ Seatbelts?

LexKid630

Are airbags really needed if the passengers in a car during an accident are wearing their seatbelts? Aren't airbags used to prevent people from whipping foward hitting their heads etc? But don't seatbelts do that?

Just wondering...

And why you ask this! Of course Air bags are needed! They HELP you in crashes along with your seatbelts--Nothing is to much for my safety out there with all the freakin stupid !Removed! idiots

I was in a pretty bad wreck a few years ago and my air bag as well as the seat belt saved me. My belt was a little loose on my lap and my knees hit the dash but my face was stopped by the air bag from hitting the steering wheel. Bruised knees a scuff mark on my face and bruises on my chest and lap where the seat belt caught me. I know always put on the seat belt and then pull it tight to get rid of all the slack from your clothes holding it off your lap.

In my wreck a guy made a u-turn in front of my on a two lane hwy. I was doing 50mph hit him broadside right between the wheels dead center. His car was a chevy lumina mine a toyota Prieva. I pushed his passenger side doors almost to the drivers seat and rolled him over, just lucky he had no passenger of there would have been death that night.

Jeff

I was a firefighter from 1990-1999 and I can tell you that IF you do not have a seat belt on and the airbag deploys in a head-on collision that the air bag WILL

be a fatal instrument. However, with that being said, it is my opinion that the

Federal Government should not "make" me purchase an airbag. Just like a

helmet, it should be left up to me to decide if I want to protect myself. Don't

misunderstand, these tools of safety are a credible source of a longer lifespan.

Whew, I feel better... ;)

I was just in a head on accident 4 weeks and my 2004 RX 330 was totaled. Both the steering air bag & the knee bag was deployed (and I was wearing a seat belt). I can tell you that I was extremely grateful I was able to walk out of the hospital that same night without loosing one drop of blood. No cuts just some bruises.

I can't tell you enough how I appreciate all the safety feature in this vehicle.

I just bought another 2005 RX 330 (thanks to my insurance since the other person at fault did not have any). After what it's done for me, I don't think I would even consider another brand of vehicle.

I hope this answers your question of "if airbags are necessary" :unsure:

I was just in a head on accident 4 weeks and my 2004 RX 330 was totaled. Both the steering air bag & the knee bag was deployed (and I was wearing a seat belt). I can tell you that I was extremely grateful I was able to walk out of the hospital that same night without loosing one drop of blood. No cuts just some bruises.

I can't tell you enough how I appreciate all the safety feature in this vehicle.

I just bought another 2005 RX 330 (thanks to my insurance since the other person at fault did not have any). After what it's done for me, I don't think I would even consider another brand of vehicle.

I hope this answers your question of "if airbags are necessary"  :unsure:

Very happy that you are ok from that accident. and from these responses i know they are needed, and am greatful that airbags were invented ;)