Sc400

Bandit

I purchased a set of 18" wheels approximately 1 year ago and have just recently found some tires and had them mounted.

In searching for a set of tires, I've seen everything from well known tires at $175+ each.

I did not want to spend $600+ on a set of tires. So I continued to search until I found some tires that are made in Korea. Nexen bought out a Michelin tire plant in Korea in 1992. They have recently introduced a tire to compete in the aftermarket wheel craze market.

The tires I ordered are Nexen N3000 245 40 ZR18.

I found them on Ebay for $315.00 Plus $70 Shipping. That is $96.25 per tire delivered. I thought I would give them a try.

I mounted them last night and drove several miles with them and was highly impressed with there performance.

They gripped very well on wet pavement and had almost no road noise. On a dry straight stretch I ran it up to 100mph, with the radio off and was amazed that road noise was alomost no existent.

The tires are rate 380 AA A.

As far as I know this is the same size tire that is used on the SC430. I must verify this. I may buy another set and put aside for the 430.

:cheers:

I purchased a set of 18" wheels approximately 1 year ago and have just recently found some tires and had them mounted.

In searching for a set of tires, I've seen everything from well known tires at $175+ each.

I did not want to spend $600+ on a set of tires. So I continued to search until I found some tires that are made in Korea. Nexen bought out a Michelin tire plant in Korea in 1992. They have recently introduced a tire to compete in the aftermarket wheel craze market.

The tires I ordered are Nexen N3000 245 40 ZR18.

I found them on Ebay for $315.00 Plus $70 Shipping. That is $96.25 per tire delivered. I thought I would give them a try.

I mounted them last night and drove several miles with them and was highly impressed with there performance.

They gripped very well on wet pavement and had almost no road noise. On a dry straight stretch I ran it up to 100mph, with the radio off and was amazed that road noise was alomost no existent.

The tires are rate 380 AA A.

As far as I know this is the same size tire that is used on the SC430. I must verify this. I may buy another set and put aside for the 430.

I bought a set for my 18" HP EVO wheels. I haven't mounted them yet because the wheels haven't arrived yet! It's good to hear that they perform well though. I got 245/40/18's for the front and 265/35/18's for the rear and I paid $484 delivered. You can't beat the price anywhere.

I've got the Run Flats on the 430 and am less than satisfied with their performance.

I do not drive the 430 very often and only in good weather. But, they seem to flat spot when they sit for awhile. I keep the pressure up, so this isn't the reason.

I am very happy with the Nexen N300 tires and will likely purchase another set and keep them for when I need them for the 430.

The 430 uses the same 245/40/ZR18. The tires currently on the 430 are 140/A/A.

The Nexens have a very nice tread pattern, are very quiet and are rated 380/AA/A.

• 1 year later...

I've got the Run Flats on the 430 and am less than satisfied with their performance.

I do not drive the 430 very often and only in good weather. But, they seem to flat spot when they sit for awhile. I keep the pressure up, so this isn't the reason.

I am very happy with the Nexen N300 tires and will likely purchase another set and keep them for when I need them for the 430.

The 430 uses the same 245/40/ZR18. The tires currently on the 430 are 140/A/A.

The Nexens have a very nice tread pattern, are very quiet and are rated 380/AA/A.

I bought 245/45/18 Nexen N3000 for my `99 LS400. At first they seemed a little louder then what I expected from a summer tire, but a few hundred miles after I put them on they became a little quieter. In general I am satisfied, especially with the price( somewhere around $460 shipped for the whle set, can`t beat that, most 18" tires are $150-200 a piece!)I can`t tell much about the treadwear just yet.

Keep this post active, guys, I want to know other people`s opinoin.

I got 18" Allessio's on 10.5 width, Z rated low profiles.. These are not good pictures, can't see the D/S rotors and calipers... I have a 1" drop and have no scraping or any problems... On a stock height ride I would go for 19' inch rims..

post-13978-1145725667.jpg

post-13978-1145725701.jpg