What Parts Should I Replace In Suspension

Hi,

the last 2 months my LS400 98 start to be not comfort shocks. I would like to do maintenance to my suspension system.

I went to some Machanics, they said no problem in your car.

and I took it to Lexus dealer, and they said that 15 parts need to be relaced. and it will cost me around 3400$$ .

I don't think my suspension system is damage to spend this kind of money. but it needs some part to be replaced. I spend on my car only 155k mile.

:cries: Can anyone of you guys list me the parts that I should replace. so I went to any machnic to do replace them.

If it just clunks over potholes/etc., then, your strut rods are probably bad. If your tires are wearing unevenly, have vibrations in the ride, etc., then you are probably looking at control arms, stablizers, etc.

I'm having only the sound like clunk, and the shocks seems to be harder than before.

vibration, only on the highway when hit 120mph the car start up and down, like of the road is not smooth. it seems that the tires not good enough for high speed, I got in my car Bridgestone GR-50 98H which seems not design for high speed. I should get 97H.

I need to direct the machinc man to which part he should check. because I don't want to change everything , which is costly.

is it possible to post a picture of strut rods and control arms, stablizers

cause the machincs man might call it something else, because he is speaking only arabic

Just have your mechanic inspect any suspension piece with a bushing(control arms, strut rods, etc.). I don't know a whole lot about cars, but my mechanic went through an inspection of all of the suspension pieces with me, and I was able to distingusish what was bad. It's really simple to see what has a torn bushing, and what doesn't. I'd start with new strut rods, and maybe it's time for new tires(atleast H rated)?

I just replaced the strut rods, Ball Joints, and rear carrier bushings on my 98 LS for the same reason. It made a night and day diffrence on the way it now drives.Now it makes no more clunk or vibration at speed. Total of job $1100.00

I just replaced the strut rods, Ball Joints, and rear carrier bushings on my 98 LS for the same reason. It made a night and day diffrence on the way it now drives.Now it makes no more clunk or vibration at speed. Total of job $1100.00

upper or lower ball joints? or both? if you did upper ball joints, how much did they cost and where did you buy them? thanks

هلالالالالالا والله بـأهل الررياااااض هلالالا بالحبيب... هداء اعصابك اول شىء :)

على العموم... يبيلك تغير المساعدات... و Upper control Arm

شيك من تحت السيارة.. اذا فية جلب او بوشينقز مشقققة... لازم تغيرها. شيك القطع التالية:

Upper control arms

lower control arms

staliblizer bar

strut bar

Tie rods

اهمهم اول ثنتين.

اذا تبي اي مساعدة.. عطني خبر. وحياك الله.

هلالالالالالا والله بـأهل الررياااااض  هلالالا بالحبيب... هداء اعصابك اول شىء :)

شيك من تحت السيارة.. اذا فية جلب او بوشينقز مشقققة... لازم تغيرها.  شيك القطع التالية:

Upper control arms

lower control arms

staliblizer bar

strut bar

Tie rods

اهمهم اول ثنتين.

اذا تبي اي مساعدة.. عطني خبر.  وحياك الله.

thanks alot , that exactly what I'm going to check.

شكرا ما قصرت اختصرت علي كثير بردك

طيب تقدر تعطيني ايش يسمون هذي القطع عندنا في الورشات

عشان اتفاهم معاهم ؟

Upper control arms

هل هي اللي يسمونها كراسي الذراع او ايش بالضبط

هلالالالالالا والله بـأهل الررياااااض   هلالالا بالحبيب... هداء اعصابك اول شىء :)

شيك من تحت السيارة.. اذا فية جلب او بوشينقز مشقققة... لازم تغيرها.  شيك القطع التالية:

Upper control arms

lower control arms

staliblizer bar

strut bar

Tie rods

اهمهم اول ثنتين.

عشان اتفاهم معاهم ؟

Upper control arms

يالحبيب... انا عندي نفس المشكلة وموتري مديلة 98.

والمشكلة عندي هي الابر كونترول ارم الايسر.

اذا تبي الصراحة.. انا مدري وش يسمونها في السعودية.. لي 10 سنوات ادرس في الخارج وماعندي فكرة.

ال upper control arm

هي على شكل 7 فوق الكفر. المشكلة ان البوشينق مايجي لحالة, لزم تشتري الذراع كامل سعرة حول ال 370 دولار هنا.

اظاهر ان كراسي الاذرعة هي اللور كنترول ارم

وش مشكلتك على فكرة؟ يلعب معك الدركسون ولا يهز ولا ايش؟

btw, the clunk noise is your upper control arms. One of the bushings is shot, or both. Its best to change them both at once.

هلالالالالالا والله بـأهل الررياااااض   هلالالا بالحبيب... هداء اعصابك اول شىء :)

Upper control arms

lower control arms

staliblizer bar

strut bar

Tie rods

اهمهم اول ثنتين.

That's easy for you guys to say! B)

عشان اتفاهم معاهم ؟

Upper control arms

يالحبيب... انا عندي نفس المشكلة وموتري مديلة 98.

والمشكلة عندي هي الابر كونترول ارم الايسر.

اذا تبي الصراحة.. انا مدري وش يسمونها في السعودية.. لي 10 سنوات ادرس في الخارج وماعندي فكرة.

ال upper control arm

هي على شكل 7 فوق الكفر. المشكلة ان البوشينق مايجي لحالة, لزم تشتري الذراع كامل سعرة حول ال 370 دولار هنا.

اظاهر ان كراسي الاذرعة هي اللور كنترول ارم

وش مشكلتك على فكرة؟ يلعب معك الدركسون ولا يهز ولا ايش؟

btw, the clunk noise is your upper control arms. One of the bushings is shot, or both. Its best to change them both at once.