Hard Shift

LotusElise

Sometimes I notice when I step on the gas and the car downshifts, it is not smooth and I can feel a slight jolt. Othertimes when I step on the gas, the downshift is smooth. Any ideas? I just had the 1K service and explained it to the service advisor and the techs didn't find anything wrong.

It's referred to as Drive By Wire. The transmission is electronically controlled by an computor (ecu). Depending on how fast you're driving ,the transmission will shift accordingly. When you depress the gas pedal a signal is sent to the ecu & for a split second it decides what gear you should be in. The it shifts pattern depends on the speed you are driving, or if you're on an incline etc. In the past transmissions were controlled manually by a cable or rod. Shift feel is more consistent & direct but the transmission isn't always in the most optimal gear. Hope this helps.

They are probably refferring to the c-best service that is a one time no charge service.  Some dealers are asking their customers bacl at 1,000 for that service & also to top off the fluids levels & check tire pressures.

Yes, just a check-up, no service done.