Tints

I recently got me a GS300 'n I'd luv to have this baby tinted.

Initially, I did not want the tint 'cos I wanted the whole wide world to see me the young gentleman behind the wheel of the classy 'n luxurious V ;)

Now, I think I'd like to have a light tint - your recommendations will be highly appreciated.

Also, an estimate of the cost.

around here, the 3 main choices are usually shown in 'percentages'.

One is called 50% tint

another is 35% tint

another is 20% tint.

50%, I believe is the legal tint but it's next to nothing.

35% gives you that "it's obviously tinted" look but you can still see inside. People can make out what you are doing, but details are not easy to see.

20% is obviously an illegal look if a cop see's you, but it's the one that LOOKS COOL. Not limo-dark, but people certainly can't see in. It's the one that I always WISHED I would have gotten, after thinking that the 35% would be enough!!!!!

I'm gettin' 20% on my next car.....

I roll with a 85% (which corresponds to a 15% in the above message) and it is fine. If you want someone to see the luxuorious gentleman driving then roll down the windows. At least get the back windows done at a dark tint and lighten up the front if you want. It still looks smoove.

I live in Cali where the front windows are illegal, but we rarely get pulled over. In short, all five windows cost me $95. Dont know where you live, but if in SoCal let me know and I can give you some recommendations. :geek:

It really depends on 2 things from what I figure, the color of the car, and what look you're trying to go for. I went with a classy look for my black GS300, so I did 15% rear, and 35% front. It ends up looking very nice and both are obviously tinted. If you want the striaght thug look at 5% all the way around and add TV's everywhere along with 24" wheels.