Who Has The Highest Mileage On Their Es 300

• 1 year later...

1999 RX300, 260,000 miles. replaced A/C compressor, knock sensor, timing belt and water pump, oxygen sensor, both valve cover gaskets, intake manifold gasket and all plugs. Right now I am replacing the cooling fan assembly and radiator. The passenger side fan blade came off the mounting hub and tore up the radiator.

I've got 24th on my 1999 es300. Once I hit 240k it just started to fall apart. Since then I have replaced suspension front/back, all coil packs, mfas, fuel pump&filter, brake system, intake system, now I have a code that reads igniter system failure Wich I can't seem to figure out.

1998 ES300 current mileage 136,461

Still going strong (engine), but I am thinking about replacing with HID (any recommendations?) headlamps because the stock provide poor visibility at night now. Also, I hear some strange creaking noises at times (suspension?), so that probably needs to get checked out soon, too...

I've done all my own oil changes with Mobil1 Synthetic and a variety of filters (usually Mobil1), whatever I get on sale. I do my own filter changes at 5k and oil + filter changes at 10k.

It needs new tires in about 3,500 miles, and I last did 100k service (fluids, water pump, timing belt, etc) around 2011.

Love this car! I will always be a fan of Lexus. Hope to drive it for another 10 years...

I have a 2000 ES300 with 181,100 on her. Just recently replaced all 4 tires, spark plugs and coil packs, MAF sensor, Air Temp sensor, both knock sensors, also did a motorvac and lastly throttle body cleaning. Hopefully nothing else for awhile.

• 2 weeks later...

My ES has 240,000 miles (385,000 kms) on it. My only major repair was when the ride started getting rough so I replaced all 4 struts & links and it rides like it was new again.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a 2000 (1MZ-FE) ES300 with xenon HID headlamps. It currently has 2 2 5 , 0 0 0 k miles. The first 5 years most all scheduled maintenance was through the dealer (Sewell Lexus in Dallas). When my Service Advisor resigned to be a full-time mommy, her knowledge and professionalism couldn't be matched. Service is now by Davenport - a Lexus Only Service Center (previous Sewell employees).

Outside of normal wear/tear and expected maintenance I don't think I had service repair until late 2011 or early 2012 when the alternator needed to be replaced. Since, OCV's, front struts, charcoal canister, drink holder, coin tray, knock sensors, and air intake plenum (air filter box) have been replaced.

I've continued with sets of Michelin MXV4 (now named Primacy) tires because I got 50k miles on each set, and they only would complain about my driving occasionally. I verified the published spec of 140mph which also highlighted the small flaw with the door/window design with this generation of ES300,

The new is finally wearing off, lol. There is finally a little road noise, the seats and belts are showing their use. And even with a little age, I still sit in and enjoy my car after having switched with a friend for a few days. (Truck & Convertible use). My car has been very reliable considering some of my driving habits. I always tell everyone it's because this was the last model year for that body style and all the bugs had been worked out. I haven't cared much for the ES (aesthetically) model designs since mine in 2000 until this last year.

I've come to the conclusion that I should not expect any future vehicle purchase to match this in value and reliability. Even Lexus is no longer in "Relentless" Pursuit of Perfection, LOL

My profile picture of the car was taken in 2004

This pic taken May of this year.

post-103652-0-57965200-1419783573_thumb.

I feel like it's held up well....

I bought a 2004 ES330 in 2006 for my wife. The idea being to replace her 1990 LS400 which was nearing 180,000 miles. The ES is a beautiful car but of course I had spoiled her with the LS400. She never liked it much but I was able to defer her desire for a crossover until 2013. Replaced her ES330 with a RAV4 and I took the ES. I used it for my road car for about two years then gave it to my daughter last summer. Kind of traded it for the Silverado. I use my IS250 in the summer for road trips and the big ole Chevy truck for my winter rat.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

1996 es300 327,000. Third owner of since I bought it at 260,000 - April 2008. Just replaced Water pump, seals, and Timing belt (myself) at 315,000. I really haven't put much money into it since I bought it. I bought it for $1200 usd and had to replace the fan (run by the power steering fluid) when I bought it. The tranny started acting up at 290K (I'm sure it is orginal since I know the people who have owned the car since 80K) changed the fluid - problem went away. Tranny acting up again (when below 40F) I going to change the fluid again. I'm on this site because I was looking up problem with a rear tire wearing funning - looks like I need to change some bushings! Looking at taking car to 400K+. Also, I am going to buy same year (1996) es300 car for 1000 with 220K this week!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I have a 1996 es 300. 1st owner sold it at 32k miles, 2nd owner sold it to me at 183k miles for $2800. Now I have 208k miles and still running strong. Minimal repairs along the way and so much less than a car payment. This is an outstanding vehicle and still very powerful with the V6 engine.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have 338,000 miles on my 1997 ES300. I have recently purchased this car and the previous owner had the struts replaced and a number of other things that could not be considered major!! So far I have had to fix the air conditioner by replacing the expansion valve, replaced the LCD radio display, put on front seat covers and floor mats. The car's engine runs so quiet that you hardly know the motor is running! The Cd changer does not work perfectly but I use my iPod and tape player converter so that does not worry me. The radio works great. My todo list includes tach repair ( intermittent display) and paint chipping on the front bumper moulding.

I really think I still have a lot of miles left potentially!! I will keep you all posted!! ^_^

• 1 year later...

My 2003 ES 300 has 271,000 miles on it. As expected, I did some basic maintenance including belts, calipers, rotors, and alignment. I change out synthetic oil/filter every 10-15,000 miles. It gets a 0430 engine code every once in a while, but i am able to erase it with a code reader and ready it for emissions every 2 years. Outside of perhaps some rear sway bar bushings, its running pretty sweet right now, driving 100 miles a day. I always consider a new one, but who knows if it will hold up like this one.