Who Has The Highest Mileage On Their Es 300

365879 on 93 ES300 and 86792 on 2005 ES330

Hello,

I must ask how your 93 runs w/365k! What is your regimen? I have a 93 as well. Do you have oil leaks, any trans problems or valve train noise?

Thanks

I have 103,XXX miles on my '01 ES. Maintenance I have done includes the 90K service (timing belt, water pump, all fluid changes), front and rear brakes, and spark plugs. Have recently switched to 10W-30 synthetic oil (change interval still kept at every 5K miles).

The transmission went out at around 98,XXX miles, and the dealership replaced it with a factory remanufactured tranny out of another '01 ES. Extended warranty paid 50% of the costs.

I may be due for tire replacement sometime this year, as I have put in over 40K miles on the Toyos (nice to get my money's worth) :D

Suspension may need to be inspected since there is some minor creaking in the front as I drive over speed bumps and dips on the road.

Other than that, the ES drives and looks like a beauty out of a showroom (keeping it clean is just as important as the maintenance), and I'm confident this car will last a long time :cheers:

Hello,

I am a new owner of a 1997 Lexus ES 300 with 92K on it. I am wondering what kind of mileage I can expect if I baby this car which I will. I also want to know from those with high mileage what did u do as far as service, and fluids(synthetic,regular oil) I want to know as much as possible about this car and I apprecciate your help and input.

JT

My 97 ES300 has over 230k and running pretty good. Just keep up on the usual tune ups eq. oil change, spark plugs, timing belt, etc. Besides that, no real work was but it the car.

I have 103,XXX miles on my '01 ES. Maintenance I have done includes the 90K service (timing belt, water pump, all fluid changes), front and rear brakes, and spark plugs. Have recently switched to 10W-30 synthetic oil (change interval still kept at every 5K miles).

The transmission went out at around 98,XXX miles, and the dealership replaced it with a factory remanufactured tranny out of another '01 ES. Extended warranty paid 50% of the costs.

I may be due for tire replacement sometime this year, as I have put in over 40K miles on the Toyos (nice to get my money's worth) :D

Suspension may need to be inspected since there is some minor creaking in the front as I drive over speed bumps and dips on the road.

Other than that, the ES drives and looks like a beauty out of a showroom (keeping it clean is just as important as the maintenance), and I'm confident this car will last a long time :cheers:

This post is exactly like one posted in 2005????? I just joined this forum. ???

Wow

I have a 97 es300 that I purchased in 2003 with 50K. I now have 145K on it. Had to replace strut mounts which dealer paid for as part of extended warranty. I do maintenance religiously including tran oil, coolant, tuneups etc. Runs like a charm and because it is garaged it is in good shape.

The question is regarding the timing belt. Mine was changed at 75K. do I change it at 150? I was planning to do so. I love the car and want to drive as long as possible. Any suggestions from mechanics or folks in the know?

Knik :)

90,000 miles you should replaced.

I don't wait all the way.

You gonna spent money any way now or later.

why take chance.

your call.

177770 miles on my 95 ES300. I need to do some minor body work on the rear lower wheel wells but the rest looks practically new... and the engine/tranny run like new!!! Pulls like a bull. We live in Halifax Canada, salt galore, but you wouldn't believe the condition of the under carriage - looks great.

I strongly recommend any old Lexus product, as long as they were well maintained.

Pete

Wow

I have a 97 es300 that I purchased in 2003 with 50K. I now have 145K on it. Had to replace strut mounts which dealer paid for as part of extended warranty. I do maintenance religiously including tran oil, coolant, tuneups etc. Runs like a charm and because it is garaged it is in good shape.

The question is regarding the timing belt. Mine was changed at 75K. do I change it at 150? I was planning to do so. I love the car and want to drive as long as possible. Any suggestions from mechanics or folks in the know?

Knik :)

I've gone 110K+ on my '98; 100K+ on my '97 and I haven't changed the timing belt on my other (3rd) ES300 which I just bought w/ 67K miles - now at 70K. Timing belts on ES300 can adjust via tension, so I'm told. So, although not a must, you need to get it done. I'd go 100K+ before changing a belt without any major issues. Get it done by a good Toyota (not necessarily Lexu$) dealership.

I currently own 3 ES300's: '98 with 125K; one '97 with 171K and one '97 just bot w/ 70K. All run great and I use Mobil1 Extended Performance (15K) oil with the Mobil1 Extended Oil filter and keep the oil in the engine 10K+ miles.

GLCs!

Hi, I am new to the forum and have a 2002 Es 300 with 169,300 miles. I have noticed quite a few people have the ES with over 300k miles. To those of you with that level of mileage, what have you done that has allowed you to run the car for that long? Thanks stephen

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I am a new owner of a 1997 Lexus ES 300 with 92K on it. I am wondering what kind of mileage I can expect if I baby this car which I will. I also want to know from those with high mileage what did u do as far as service, and fluids(synthetic,regular oil) I want to know as much as possible about this car and I apprecciate your help and input.

JT

I have a 1994 Lexus ES300 and I have 304,000 miles on it now and it still runs and looks great. I get the oils changed and maintenance done to it, but the car drives smooth and everything still works on it. I figure I will get at least 400,000

I have a 1994 Lexus ES300 and I have 304,000 miles on it now and it still runs and looks great. I get the oils changed and maintenance done to it, but the car drives smooth and everything still works on it. I figure I will get at least 400,000

• 5 years later...

I bought my 1997 ES300 as a certified pre-owned in April 2000 with 42,000 miles on it...16 years later it still runs great with 212,000+ miles on it...I will replace it next year so Im debating whether to replace the timing belt and water pump or not... I religiously change the oil and rotate / balance the tires every 5000 miles.

Btw I never sell or trade in my cars but give them away to somebody who really needs a car so Ill probably go ahead and do the timing belt and water pump.

I was reading this forum for answers to my Trac off and engine light and i stumbled upon this thread, I have a 99 ES 300 with 268,230 and still going. It's not perfect and i have done alot of work along the way but i wouldn't trade that car for the world. Just replaced the front passenger side strut today, funny story, its actually easier then changing spark plugs.

• 2 months later...

Greetings from Portsmouth VA! Im new to the forum. I see theres lots of info here. Excited about it! Ive got a 95 ES300 with 215,671mil on it! Had 43k on it when i bough it in 98.ive never had any problem w it! All ive done is perform reg maintenance !

• 1 month later...

I have a 97 ES300 with just over 200K miles on it.

My husband and I take care of our vehicles, so regular oil changes with synthetic oil - we spring for Royal Purple for all our cars (hubby's such a brand loyalist).

When we first got the car we replaced the brake pads (to ceramic) and rotors (to cross drilled and slotted) and got new tires all around - just for peace of mind. We just did another tire replacement all around about 6 months ago. We've also had to replace the battery once.

We've done other things, too - replace belts, spark plugs, changed the fluids, and intake and go for K&N filters, added a front sway bar. We had to get the dog bone mount replaced along with some new gaskets because we started leaking gas after a pot hole accident (this city's roads are awful, I hate driving the car anywhere lol).

Other than some other mods and personal touches, that's basically it. Car still runs great and I hope we get to see it cross the 300K mile mark