Who Has The Highest Mileage On Their Es 300

• 2 weeks later...

My 92 ES300 has 289k miles on it. Instrument panel light half works, the engine stutters and cuts out when you try to give it too much gas (has for a LONG time), and it kindof smells like it's burning oil but isn't. It runs pretty good and looks great! I can't complain, it was given to me. :) I'm now the 3rd owner, my parents owned it before me (mom just gave it to me because she had "too many cars", and wanted me to drive to her house more - can't afford gas in my Durango and my husband doesn't want me racking up the miles on his BMW).

My mom also has a 95 ES with almost 200k miles.

A 97 ES with 101k miles.

And a 99 RX with 88k miles.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My 94 ES300 (purchased as a certified pre-owned with 4,000 miles) had 327,000 miles on it the day it died. My goal was 500,000 but I fell short. I always had the oil changed every 3,000 miles, as well as the usual stuff. I now have a 2002 ES which I purchased with

58,000 miles on it in January 2007.

My 94 ES300 (purchased as a certified pre-owned with 4,000 miles) had 327,000 miles on it the day it died. My goal was 500,000 but I fell short. I always had the oil changed every 3,000 miles, as well as the usual stuff. I now have a 2002 ES which I purchased with

What happen?

I have '97 with 255,200.

Thanks,

What happen?

I have '97 with 255,200.

Thanks,

apparently blew a rod....after my husband gunned the engine...need I say more???

Is there any other decent place in the fairfield county CT where I could take my ES300 for servicing? cheap and honest ?

Lexus of Greenwich is the only other dealership in Fairfield County. Although I've never taken my car there for maintenance, I have paid a visit for parts purchases and some quick maintenance advice from the service advisors. The nice thing about this dealership is that they are open M-F until 11PM (long enough to cater the hard-working crowd) :D

Lexusk8:

So which place do you go to for the servicing? I just bought a '97 ES300 and need to find a place where I can take it regularly, for preventive maintenance as well as for anything else that comes up. Your advice is appreciated. I live in lower Fairfield county.

Mine has 133K. Easy does it.

I have a 1995 with 275K. Runs well. small whinning noise from the engine, but i'll get that checked out. otherwise...wow....runs like a champ. i think these cars are made by alchemists, turning vulcanized rubber, plastic, glass, metal, and wood...into gold.

• 1 month later...

245,000 on 96 ES300. Just had to replace the Hydraulic fan. I just purchased the car for $1100 - because the previous owners were told it needed power steering hoses replaced at a cost of $1200 dollars. Purchase the fan off the internet for $345 from Park Place in Plano and installed it myself in under a hour.

• 2 weeks later...

Can you elaborate on why the car died?

I am curious as to what can put the final nail in the coffin.

EDIT: Never mind, I read the answer on another post.

98 ES300

Original Owner

234,5xx miles.

Had the timing belt and water pump replaced every 100,000 miles.

6,000 mile synthetic oil/filter changes.

Runs great.

Forgot to add that I have the dreaded Valve Cover Gasket leak.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 97 ES300 which has 267,000+ K on it. Had a lot of things done. Outside of regular maintenance (battery, tires, oil changes, filters, etc), have had a control arm replaced, power steering belt, tie rods, struts, and starter. The last few well after 200K. Car still runs, but seems that the suspension is shot. Thinking of donating it to charity! :cries: Car was very good for a very long time, but I am a high mileage driver (3-5K monthly).

I have a 97 ES300 which has 267,000+ K on it. Had a lot of things done. Outside of regular maintenance (battery, tires, oil changes, filters, etc), have had a control arm replaced, power steering belt, tie rods, struts, and starter. The last few well after 200K. Car still runs, but seems that the suspension is shot. Thinking of donating it to charity! :cries: Car was very good for a very long time, but I am a high mileage driver (3-5K monthly).

What are the secrets in keeping them maintained to get these milages?

• 2 weeks later...