Who Has The Highest Mileage On Their Es 300

Hello,

I am a new owner of a 1997 Lexus ES 300 with 92K on it. I am wondering what kind of mileage I can expect if I baby this car which I will. I also want to know from those with high mileage what did u do as far as service, and fluids(synthetic,regular oil) I want to know as much as possible about this car and I apprecciate your help and input.

JT

I have 103,XXX miles on my '01 ES. Maintenance I have done includes the 90K service (timing belt, water pump, all fluid changes), front and rear brakes, and spark plugs. Have recently switched to 10W-30 synthetic oil (change interval still kept at every 5K miles).

The transmission went out at around 98,XXX miles, and the dealership replaced it with a factory remanufactured tranny out of another '01 ES. Extended warranty paid 50% of the costs.

I may be due for tire replacement sometime this year, as I have put in over 40K miles on the Toyos (nice to get my money's worth) :D

Suspension may need to be inspected since there is some minor creaking in the front as I drive over speed bumps and dips on the road.

Other than that, the ES drives and looks like a beauty out of a showroom (keeping it clean is just as important as the maintenance), and I'm confident this car will last a long time :cheers:

I have 103,XXX miles on my '01 ES.  Maintenance I have done includes the 90K service (timing belt, water pump, all fluid changes), front and rear brakes, and spark plugs.  Have recently switched to 10W-30 synthetic oil (change interval still kept at every 5K miles).

The transmission went out at around 98,XXX miles, and the dealership replaced it with a factory remanufactured tranny out of another '01 ES.  Extended warranty paid 50% of the costs.

I may be due for tire replacement sometime this year, as I have put in over 40K miles on the Toyos (nice to get my money's worth) :D

Suspension may need to be inspected since there is some minor creaking in the front as I drive over speed bumps and dips on the road.

Other than that, the ES drives and looks like a beauty out of a showroom (keeping it clean is just as important as the maintenance), and I'm confident this car will last a long time :cheers:

lexusk8- do you perform the work on your own car or do you take it to a shop. You don;t take it to the stealer ship do you? (lexus of westport)

they drive your car down the block in fairfield to some other shop to change the oil.

I have 103,XXX miles on my '01 ES.  Maintenance I have done includes the 90K service (timing belt, water pump, all fluid changes), front and rear brakes, and spark plugs.  Have recently switched to 10W-30 synthetic oil (change interval still kept at every 5K miles).

The transmission went out at around 98,XXX miles, and the dealership replaced it with a factory remanufactured tranny out of another '01 ES.  Extended warranty paid 50% of the costs.

lexusk8- do you perform the work on your own car or do you take it to a shop. You don;t take it to the stealer ship do you? (lexus of westport)

they drive your car down the block in fairfield to some other shop to change the oil.

It's usually either my mechanic friend or I do most of the maintenance work on my car. I do the oil changes myself, it's a pretty simple DIY, and you save yourself money and time ;)

But for the 90K package, I had to take it to the dealership (Westport). From my experience, I've had nothing but positive customer service with them, but of course I'm sure other customers have had some bad apples with them.

:censored:

My 2002 ES300 is on the third set of tires at just under 40,000 miles.  Got smart and installed Michelins.  Factory Toyo tires wasted at under 20,000.  Dealer made me a "deal" and charged me half of the cost of the first replacement set.  Actually, I ended up paying the total cost based on the "dealer price," which was almost twice what they cost elsewhere.  Am convinced that I have a true classic lemon.  Anyone want a deal on my 2002?

But for the 90K package, I had to take it to the dealership (Westport).  From my experience, I've had nothing but positive customer service with them, but of course I'm sure other customers have had some bad apples with them.

Is there any other decent place in the fairfield county CT where I could take my ES300 for servicing? cheap and honest ?

But for the 90K package, I had to take it to the dealership (Westport).  From my experience, I've had nothing but positive customer service with them, but of course I'm sure other customers have had some bad apples with them.

Is there any other decent place in the fairfield county CT where I could take my ES300 for servicing? cheap and honest ?

Lexus of Greenwich is the only other dealership in Fairfield County. Although I've never taken my car there for maintenance, I have paid a visit for parts purchases and some quick maintenance advice from the service advisors. The nice thing about this dealership is that they are open M-F until 11PM (long enough to cater the hard-working crowd) :D

Mine has over 200k. I don't know exactly what it is. I will have to check it out.

I have no idea what kind of oil that is used (a female here lol). :rolleyes: I never asked.

My brother-in-law does all the work on it.

It is still running great. I,m hoping that it will last at least another 100k :cheers: That would be great! :)

Lexus of Greenwich is the only other dealership in Fairfield County. Although I've never taken my car there for maintenance, I have paid a visit for parts purchases and some quick maintenance advice from the service advisors. The nice thing about this dealership is that they are open M-F until 11PM (long enough to cater the hard-working crowd) :D

Lexusk8:

So which place do you go to for the servicing? I just bought a '97 ES300 and need to find a place where I can take it regularly, for preventive maintenance as well as for anything else that comes up. Your advice is appreciated. I live in lower Fairfield county.

Lexusk8:

So which place do you go to for the servicing? I just bought a '97 ES300 and need to find a place where I can take it regularly, for preventive maintenance as well as for anything else that comes up. Your advice is appreciated. I live in lower Fairfield county.

My preference for Lexus service: Lexus of Westport. Have gone there for service of my previous '96 ES and current '01 ES, did 2 separate 90K services w/out major problems or issues, and these guys really know what they are doing. I believe Westport has also extended their service hours to match with those from Greenwich, so you have flexibility when servicing at Westport :)

I just sold my 1992 ES300 with 265,000 miles on it. It ran great except the power steering pump went out on it. It survived three owners, a major "bump" with a Semi Truck and still ran like a top. I did all the maintenance myself and I know the previous owner and he kept up the maintenance as well. Major problems that occurred were getting a tune up at 165,000 (when I bought it) and changing the struts. Once the power steering pump went out, I decided to part with it. I didn't want to shell out $800 to have it fixed and didn't have time to fix it on my own being the car was my only form of transportation. When I sold the car, the exhaust needed to be fixed because the car bottomed out on some railroad tracks when the front strut gave out. The guy who bought it from me fixed the power steering pump and the exhaust and it is still running great. Now I have a 2001 ES300 that just rolled over to 100,000. I expect many years of service from this car.

just hit 76k today on my 93..I've put 10,000 on it in 6 months  :blink:

i know how you feel, im headed that way.

the car has 144,500 on it now and had 137,500 when i bought it rigth before thanksgiving. every month it seems i am driving more and more, with this last month (february) beingt he kicker at 3,500 miles...in one month!

Lexusk8:

My preference for Lexus service: Lexus of Westport. Have gone there for service of my previous '96 ES and current '01 ES, did 2 separate 90K services w/out major problems or issues, and these guys really know what they are doing. I believe Westport has also extended their service hours to match with those from Greenwich, so you have flexibility when servicing at Westport :)

Thanks Lexusk8. I will take my car to Lexus of Westport next week and see how it goes. Which part of fairfield do you live in. I am in Stamford.