Sc400 Starter Replacement

My 99 SC400 is developing an intermittant starting problem. I twist the key and hear a click but no crank. Usually a second or third twist will get it going. After reading the post here, I believe my starter is going.

I have the Lexus manuals that say removal of the intake manifold is needed, along with a bunch of other things. :angry:

Anyone got any helpful hints on the process or on getting new parts, like gaskets.

Thanks

Glen

I had a similar problem with my 93 sc 400, but when I took it to the shop it turns out the problem was with the terminals connected to the battery. All I ended up doing then was changed the terminals, so check the terminal along with the battery.

Cheeff

:D

I have a tutorial on the starter replacement. It will take you 6 hours. www.lextreme.com/starter.html

david

I had a similar problem with my 93 sc 400, but when I took it to the shop it turns out the  problem was with the terminals connected to the battery. All I ended up doing  then was changed the terminals, so check the terminal along with the battery.

Cheeff

YES, I got it already.

Please contact me privately. My Lextreme user name is the same Redrocket .

Thx

Glen :D

I have a tutorial on the starter replacement.  It will take you 6 hours.  www.lextreme.com/starter.html 

david

I had a similar problem with my 93 sc 400, but when I took it to the shop it turns out the  problem was with the terminals connected to the battery. All I ended up doing  then was changed the terminals, so check the terminal along with the battery.

Cheeff