Programming Transponder Keys

I purchased a remote/transponder key on ebay. I still have one master key. I have instructions on programming it and have spoke to a locksmith who is willing to cut it for me. The locksmith thinks that I will only be programming the remote and NOT the transponder, so therefore it won't start my car.

Lexus is telling me that I have to replace the computer, then see if the dealership can program the key I have or order a new one if it won't work. They have said that the computer can only accept programming for a certain number of keys which would have included the one key that was lost.

Can anyone clear up the confusion for me?

Search, this has been covered thoroughly, then ask questions <_<

Trust me, I've read them all. They didn't answer my question specifically about what I am going to be able to program...remote, transponder or both.

Well, if you did "read them all" you'd know that you can only program a new key to start the car if you have the MASTER key. B) Since you do, you'll be able to program everything.

Read this as well, you must have "overlooked" it <_<

key programming

Search, this has been covered thoroughly, then ask questions <_<

Trust me, I've read them all. They didn't answer my question specifically about what I am going to be able to program...remote, transponder or both.

Well, if you did "read them all" you'd know that you can only program a new key to start the car if you have the MASTER key. B) Since you do, you'll be able to program everything.

Read this as well, you must have "overlooked" it <_<

key programming

Thanks for those posts. I had read those, but a local locksmith was telling me differently, so that caused additional questions. I guess that locksmith doesn't know what he is talking about.