Is Mark Levinson Sound System That Better?

For the 2006 GS 300, in order to get the upgraded Mark Levinson sound system, I also have to purchase the navigation system. I listened to the the Mark Levinson speakers and don't think it's worth it to buy that option. Are my ears that bad that I can't really tell a difference? Can you tell a big difference in the quality of the sound of the regular speakers versus the Mark Levison system?

If you are an audiophile than yes, there is a definate difference. If you are a "radio" person, you probably don't need it. The question is do you think it's better? If you don't and you don't need the navigation system, then save a few $$$.

For the 2006 GS 300, in order to get the upgraded Mark Levinson sound system, I also have to purchase the navigation system.  I listened to the the Mark Levinson speakers and don't think it's worth it to buy that option.  Are my ears that bad that I can't really tell a difference?  Can you tell a big difference in the quality of the sound of the regular speakers versus the Mark Levison system?

Wow, thats a rip. I like the stereo, but have no need for the navigation system. So, how much $$$ are we talking about to add both Nav and Mark L system? They must be taking lessons from the American Automobile packaging system. To get that, you have to take this and this and this..............

If you dont want the Nav, but want the great sound of the Mark Lev. my advice is to take the money it is going to cost and go aftermarket. I have both Nav and Mark Lev, the sound is great, the Nav works great and has gotten me out of jams, but I just think Lexus charges way too much for it as an option. Thing is most people ho buy Lexus dont care about cost. So they can charge whatever they can.

If you dont want the Nav, but want the great sound of the Mark Lev. my advice is to take the money it is going to cost and go aftermarket.  I have both Nav and Mark Lev, the sound is great, the Nav works great and has gotten me out of jams, but I just think Lexus charges way too much for it as an option.  Thing is most people ho buy Lexus dont care about cost.  So they can charge whatever they can.

HI, Good advise. Not all of us have unlimited funds, but like driving a top of the line car. So we just have to shop a little harder to meet our needs and exptations. Thats what I love about this form, questions and great answers from real live experiences.

From what I remember from the sticker, I believe the combo for my 2001 was just under 6k, and that is still what they are charging from what I've heard. I bought my car used, so it came with it. I like it, but would not pay 6K for it. I have put aftermarkey systems in every car I have owned cause no matter how good a factory system is, it just doesn't compare. My Girlfriend has an 05 Acura TSX. Acura charges 2k extra for Nav. Maybe not quite a good as Lexus' Nav but to me 2k would make me think about it more than 6k. You could have aftermarket NAV, DVD, speakers, amp and sub for under 2500. That system would probally put the Mark Lev to shame.

• 2 months later...
Wow, thats a rip.  I like the stereo, but have no need for the navigation system.  So, how much $$$ are we talking about to add both Nav and Mark L system?  They must be taking lessons from the American Automobile packaging system.  To get that, you have to take this and this and this..............

If you don't want Nav, but want SQ, then get the base stereo, junk it and get a better aftermarket system. For the price of that option from Lexus, you could get a much better sounding aftermarket system. Of course, if you don't like the non-OEM look, this wouldn't be an option.

the price 4 getting ML and NAV is bout 6500. GX is loaded..prices killed me...it has good surround sound...my GX has 14 speakers...sounds very good 2 me...i am an audiophile and have premium sound systems at home to...martin logan downstairs and it compares to the car...looks good with my plasma but lets not get off topic lol, the bass in the car is good, loud and clear but not so loud that u cant hear the words