2006 Mark Levinson

Is there anyone who is up to speed on the 2006 Mark Levinson stereo in the 2006 gs. My wife and I just bought a 2006 gs with the Mark Levinson stereo and the manual does a poor job of defining its capabilities.

I really can't call the dealership because the sale people probably know less than me about the different capabilities of the system. Basically I am looking for anyone who help me out with settings and how to set it up i.e. dvd audio, cd etc...

Thanks in advance for any help.

vb

lexus- thats the whole point of this forum, to ask questions and get responses from fellow Lexus owners. If we direct everyone to their Lexus dealer then theres not really much point in us being around is there?

I'm sure someone with an 06 will chime in...

• 5 months later...
Is there anyone who is up to speed on the 2006 Mark Levinson stereo in the 2006 gs.  My wife and I just bought a 2006 gs with the Mark Levinson stereo and the manual does a poor job of defining its capabilities. 

I really can't call the dealership because the sale people probably know less than me about the different capabilities of the system.  Basically I am looking for anyone who help me out with settings and how to set it up i.e. dvd audio, cd etc...

vb

The setup is really easy, so there shouldn't be too many issue. Hit AUDIO on buttons to the side then either DSP or SOUND on the screen to set up speakers (left/right/front/back) etc... Everything else is just nuisance at the start.

Regarding CDs, just hit the "load button" (once.. sometimes twice) until the red around the opening turns green. Then put Cd in label up.

DVDs I dont know.

By the way.. would be VERY interested in your opinion of sound. You can see my post earlier, but the sound in my GS300 AWD sounds like all the sound is coming from the dash-- no surround effect at all. Sounds worse than my $100 5.1 surround sound speakers on my PC!

I hope u dont have same problem, but would be interested to know.

As far as any "set-up" -- I don't recall doing any in my '06 GS430.

Loaded CD's (as noted earlier), hit "play", and enjoyed. Going into the Audio section, and hitting surround as noted earlier....changes the accoustics.

I enjoy the sound system in the car. Really comes alive when you get into volume settings 40+...and play a bit with the equalizer.

Is there anyone who is up to speed on the 2006 Mark Levinson stereo in the 2006 gs.  My wife and I just bought a 2006 gs with the Mark Levinson stereo and the manual does a poor job of defining its capabilities. 

I really can't call the dealership because the sale people probably know less than me about the different capabilities of the system.  Basically I am looking for anyone who help me out with settings and how to set it up i.e. dvd audio, cd etc...

vb

The setup is really easy, so there shouldn't be too many issue. Hit AUDIO on buttons to the side then either DSP or SOUND on the screen to set up speakers (left/right/front/back) etc... Everything else is just nuisance at the start.

Regarding CDs, just hit the "load button" (once.. sometimes twice) until the red around the opening turns green. Then put Cd in label up.

DVDs I dont know.

By the way.. would be VERY interested in your opinion of sound. You can see my post earlier, but the sound in my GS300 AWD sounds like all the sound is coming from the dash-- no surround effect at all. Sounds worse than my $100 5.1 surround sound speakers on my PC!

I hope u dont have same problem, but would be interested to know.

Regarding the CD Load, if you hold the LOAD button for a few seconds, it will go into a special load mode that will allow you to put 6 CD's one after the other - as opposed to hitting load each time