Transmission Fluid Level

camlex

Hello,

Today my mechenic did transmission service. He changed gasket and filter, of course he used after market parts. When i reached home i did check level it was about 1/2" over the hot top marks. is it okay to leave it or i should drain some out?

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

Today my mechenic did transmission service. He changed gasket and filter, of course he used after market parts. When i reached home i did check level it was about 1/2" over the hot top marks. is it okay to leave it or i should drain some out?

Thanks in advance.

i would drain some out...about a half an inch is ok, but much more than that, you are asking for trouble.

He changed gasket and filter, of course he used after market parts. When i reached home i did check level it was about 1/2" over the hot top marks. is it okay to leave it or i should drain some out?

Did you shift slowly through all the gear ranges ending in park before checking the fluid level?

If so, then yes, it would be good to drain out a glassfull of fluid or so in order to bring the fluid level down to the top Hot mark or slightly below the top Hot mark.

Yes finding a mechanic that will not be sloppy and will not use aftermarket parts and lubes is hard. Another worry is that they could get dirt, lint and grit inside your transmission due to sloppy, careless work habits.