Newest Mod

For those of you that were wondering when i was going to have window tint put on, well, tonight was the night.

After my last trip to JP Importz, I had a few dollars left over so I headed over to see my old friend Butch Rawlins at Sunray Custom Tint and Graphics. He cut me a hell of a deal, one i could not turn down.

He has tinted many cars for me in the past, so this one was no different. He decided he could take a hit and eat some of the cost since I have been so good for business.

EDIT:

and wouldnt you know it, my hoster is down, ill have pix up soon...

Im going to try to use this sites gallery, btu the pix are big and i cant resize, so bear with me...

OK here we go:

Before tint (excuse the spare, nearly had a blowout earlier, tires are on the way!)

29934DCP02370-med.JPG

29934DCP02373-med.JPG

29934DCP02372-med.JPG

29934DCP02371-med.JPG

next up, the tinting process.

The rear windshileds angle and the age fo the rear deforsters made this particular panel extremely difficult we had to do it twice, and it may still have to be redone yet a 3rd time.

29934DCP02378-med.JPG

(the woman getting in the car is Butch's wife and his helper is the one doingt he cutting...he had to run an errand so he couldnt start, but he did help finish)

29934DCP02379-med.JPG

^ryan is fiddling with the tint, not likeing the way it turned out that time...sooo...

29934DCP02382-med.JPG

REDO!!! they had the computer cut it to shape autmatically, it came out of the cuter pre scored so the lines are perfect, all they did was pull the excess off and heatshrink it to the rear glass, to shape it. do...deee...doo...dee...doo

29934DCP02383-med.JPG

^ i went around front and snapped a pic while they on the other side finishing up a vinly for that white van. Thats Butch in the bacground in the red shirt :)

29934DCP02380-med.JPG

back glass, almost done! Butch is actually inside the car right now, sqeegeeing the rest of the bubbles out...but you cant tell he is in there...that tint is DARK.

29934DCP02381-med.JPG

^And the bubbles are out, but Butch isnt...hes taking a break...this car wore him out! : :lol:

Lookin good, I can see what you mean about the peeling paint now though.

I will get those poilshes out soon I promise! I've just been so swamped...

yeah, the tint really takes the focus off the clear glass, so the paint peeling stands out now LOL.

i dont like the tint , i think u should keep the windows clear, put some alloy racing wheels on and paint the calipers

WHY? have you actually tried to race your car? news flash...it aint fast...

im not into all that rice rocket crap. alloy racing wheels? what for? this car is slow, it will always be slow. its a cruiser (thats what it was designed to do, and it does VERY well.)

when you have driven cars down the quarter mile in less than 10 seconds, then you realize 2 things.

1. thats WAYYY to fast for anyone to go in a stock production car that wasnt designed for such a purpose.

2. thats WAYYYY to fast to drive a car in the city.

i didnt install the tint for looks, i installed it because it will be sitting for 6 months in the SUMMER TEXAS SUN. the temps in the inside could reach up to 200 degrees without it!

that and its a saftey feature. if im ever hit, the glass wont chatter into a bajillion pieces, the window tint will keep it all together.

the other reason i had it put on is for privacy.

i dont like the tint , i think u should keep the windows clear, put some alloy racing wheels on and paint the calipers

im not into all that rice rocket crap. alloy racing wheels? what for? this car is slow, it will always be slow. its a cruiser (thats what it was designed to do, and it does VERY well.)

when you have driven cars down the quarter mile in less than 10 seconds, then you realize 2 things.

1. thats WAYYY to fast for anyone to go in a stock production car that wasnt designed for such a purpose.

i didnt install the tint for looks, i installed it because it will be sitting for 6 months in the SUMMER TEXAS SUN. the temps in the inside could reach up to 200 degrees without it!

that and its a saftey feature. if im ever hit, the glass wont chatter into a bajillion pieces, the window tint will keep it all together.

Well said !!! :cheers:

that and its a saftey feature. if im ever hit, the glass wont shatter into a bajillion pieces, the window tint will keep it all together.

Well said !!! :cheers:

it did surprise the hell out of a friend today though, he has a black ES300...pretty funny...i pucnhed it, he compleely wasnt paying attention and was isntantly pushed back in his seat.

but i didnt race it, it was only for a second.

on my es 250, i just want alloy racing wheels, painted calipers, and a dvd radio

and allow me to express this:

thats fine, its your car and we wont judge you for it.

i simply dont see the point in making these cars something they arent. mine is staying all stock with the excpetion of maybe some audio upgrades evetually.

i may do wheels and i may not, btu they wont be alloy racing wheels.

you have to realize something, these cars are so rare its rediculous.

9,950 made in year one and 15,000 in year 2. (1990 and 91 respectively). if they are ever gonna be worth anything, mods arent going to help unless its something that can be changed easily, IE window tint.

im gona have this car also forever, thats just what i want, i have a 91 es250, looks like urs, black custom sheep skin seat covers, aaand grey leather, i seen this car wth alloy racing wheels looks good, i also seen it wth chrome wheels, looks ghey, i dont like tint, other then that , u just need a panasonic dvd radio, and its a really nice solid car

on my es 250, i just want alloy racing wheels, painted calipers, and a dvd radio

i simply dont see the point in making these cars something they arent. mine is staying all stock with the excpetion of maybe some audio upgrades evetually.

9,950 made in year one and 15,000 in year 2. (1990 and 91 respectively). if they are ever gonna be worth anything, mods arent going to help unless its something that can be changed easily, IE window tint.

Personally I think the stock wheels should just be refinished [ that is if they even need it } B)

Personally I think the stock wheels should just be refinished [ that is if they even need it } B)

thats what im getting at. ;)

i am going to have them chromed if i cant find a set fo chome ones from an LS4. they are identical to these, just chrome with gold "L"

that will probablybe the only wheel mod i ever do.

your car looks great, except is your paint peeling??  if so, you might wanna get it repainted...my last vehicle did that, and it became a nightmare.

easier (and cheaper) said than done.

a full paint job to factory spec for this car is well over $3,000, and i will tell you why:

bumpers and lights have to be removed

all body cladding has to be removed (that takes well over 4 hrs when done properly)

exterior chrome trim around glass and weatherstripping has to be removed

then the body has to be completely sanded to near metal. then filler has to be applied to door dings and to smooth out the sides.

then the car has to heat cure. then it has to be sanded again, then primed. then it has to sit for 14 hrs, then wetsand and prime again. sit for 24 hours (or oven cure) and wetsand, then dry and apply first base coat. sit for 4 hours, then apply second coat. then the third. then finally the clear.

then you have to heat cure, then you have to reinstall everything.

oh,and each piece of the body cladding and the bumpers has to be painted individually.

i have a power steering system that needs replacing first.

then engine and tranny mounts, then shocks. then i will think about paint.

i will fix it temporarily (sand down and repaint the area with a green similar to OEM) that will keep the rust out. the only spot of rust is the spot on the pass side rear door, and its ona door, thats a removable panel. im not too concerned about it.

oh and transit 921, i wouldnt even THINK of installing ANY expensive audio upgrades without Limo tint on your glass...PERIOD. the more peopel see, the more they want. the factory alarm on this car is crappy. you have topractially kick a dent int he door to get it to go off. breaking a window wont do it.