1st Post - Gx470 Rear Lowers When Put In Park

LotusElise

I was wondering about this same subject over the weekend. I've noticed that the suspension lowers itself intermittently when I parked so I found that odd.

I have it also set to neutral. Ideas anyone?

I was wondering about this same subject over the weekend. I've noticed that the suspension lowers itself intermittently when I parked so I found that odd.

I have it also set to neutral. Ideas anyone?

Sounds like it is supposed to happen like this I guess? Other owners, please chime in.

That's just the auto height adjustment doing its job. Have some heavy people sit in the back and turn on the key. You'll see the back end raise up. Turn it off and it goes back down.

Don't stress on it, sit back and show your friends how cool it is.

That's just the auto height adjustment doing its job.  Have some heavy people sit in the back and turn on the key.  You'll see the back end raise up.  Turn it off and it goes back down.

Don't stress on it, sit back and show your friends how cool it is.

Cool. Thanks for all the replies. I am a newbie, as you can tell.

the reason for the up and down of it is to help the passenger or driver remove or place things inside the car in which somethings may be heavy. It makes a BIG DIFFERENCE when your loading something heavy inside. I remember when i loaded my hardwood floors on the back, when i got to the garage, the rear was in full height so it meant that when it is so heavy, it tries to stay as high as possible to avoid lowering the vehicle and causing some underbody damage.

If you check your manual, it says to be sure you lower your suspension before putting on chains or changing to the spare tire. This is because the rear end lowers after you've turned off your vehicle and if you don't already have it completely lowered, you stand a chance of getting a big owie (that's a technical, medical term ;) )

Be careful out there!!

Bob

• 2 months later...