Lx470 Front End Bouncing

ira057

I purchased a 1999 lexus lx470 and the front end started bouncing. I took it to a lexus dealership and they said someone had put the wrong fluid in hydraulic system. They replaced shocks and purged system. I also purchased brand new tires. They said the sensors checked good but the truck still has a noticeable bounce. Can someone please give me some advice. Will be very appreciated.

:wacko: they have to do more than replace the shocks if the system was contaminated. If it was OIL , a simple fluid flush will do. If it was antifreeze or brake fluid--a complete system replacement is in order--the antifreeze and brake fluid destroy the 'rubber' components in the accumulators, struts(shock cartridges), electronic solenoid valves,etc.

If the symptom is a very choppy/bouncy ride--check to see how much suspension travel you have. It should be quite a bit. It is's just a bit, then the 'accumulators' are flat/nearly flat. They slowly loose their nitrogen pre-charge and cause the choppy/harsh ride. You can either replace them ($500-600 each+ labor) or have me modify and recharge them.

I suspect you have flat accumulators.

• 3 weeks later...
dealers at fault make sure they know it

I think it is always a good idea to get the problem looked at by 2 dealers or a dealer and a auto shop and see if their diagnosis match. I don't know about your area but where I live, they just want to do the first fix that comes to mind and if you still have a problem they just charge you some more for another fix.

:chairshot: