Rx400h Available Options April 15

RAID10

Here is my list given to my dealer for my early deposit RX400h. Some options we have to wait for.

1. RX400h AWD Black exterior, Black interior. Available

2. All wood interior, not available. Only produced in Aluminum

3. Moon Roof. Avail.

4. Navigation System with rear camera, Avail.

5. Mark Levinson Radio. Not available at this time, but will be available in the second production in May/June

6. Adaptive HID headlights. Avail.

7. Black Pearl emblems. Not Avail.

8. Air Suspension. Not Avail.

9. Power Rear Door. Avail.

10. Dynamic Leaser Adaptive Cruise Control. Not Avail.

11. Two level heated seats w/rain sensing wipers and headlight washers. Avail.

12. Wheel locks. Avail.

13. Cargo Net & Cargo Mat. Avail.

14. Roof Rack and Rails. Avail.

15. Power Tilt and Telescopic steering wheel with memory. Available

16. Leather interior. Avail.

17. Illuminated Entry System. Avail

18. XM Radio

19. Keyless Entry. Avail.

20. Bluetooth. Avail.

Dealer installed options:

1. 18" special 10 spoke wheels. Upon availability.

2. Paint protective film. Not avail.

3. DVD in Headrests. Not available at this time. Drop down screen in center of roof will be available in the May/June production.

4. Full detailing.

Thanks for the info. For some reason, I thought the laser cruise was standard equipment. What number are you on the list?

Thanks for the info. For some reason, I thought the laser cruise was standard equipment. What number are you on the list?

Below 10 I have had a deposit for over a year

Glad you pick that option, I noticed a typo, well my dealer will take my money even if I spelled it wrong, ha.

So does this mean that you are willing to wait until May/June to get the options you've specified? I placed my deposit in April 04 and expect to be offered the 400h by the end of May or early June. My hope is that one will be available for test-driving within the next month, but hopefully sooner.

So does this mean that you are willing to wait until May/June to get the options you've specified? I placed my deposit in April 04 and expect to be offered the 400h by the end of May or early June. My hope is that one will be available for test-driving within the next month, but hopefully sooner.

I have had my deposit in since Feb 04 but I have not made up my mind if I want to wait for the Mark Levinson radio and DVD player yet. My rep told me that Lexus is VERY reluctant to have anyone install things in this vehicle other than Lexus (I wanted DVD in the headrests). Because there is such high voltage (650VDC) in the car that they are afraid someone may get fried!

I have had my deposit in since Feb 04 but I have not made up my mind if I want to wait for the Mark Levinson radio and DVD player yet. My rep told me that Lexus is VERY reluctant to have anyone install things in this vehicle other than Lexus (I wanted DVD in the headrests). Because there is such high voltage (650VDC) in the car that they are afraid someone may get fried!

Oh, I expect my car in April, a sales rep in NYC told me that the dealers will get showroom 400h's in March.

Just curious, for those who pre-order the 400h, will they need to pay the MSRP without a chance to negotiating the price when they can pick up their new cars?

I have not heard about price except that the base price is $48,535, and that Lexus usually does not charge over MSRP.

Just curious, for those who pre-order the 400h, will they need to pay the MSRP without a chance to negotiating the price when they can pick up their new cars?

I have not heard about price except that the base price is $48,535, and that Lexus usually does not charge over MSRP.

Thanks for the info. What dealer are you using in NJ? I've been on the list for April, but I don't have that information. Since I want what is available in April, maybe there is some hope for me.

...and they surely will NOT be charging less than MSRP, that's for certain! I am number 15, so if there will be test-drivers in at the dealerships this month, I may have mine by May. :)

Thanks for the info. What dealer are you using in NJ? I've been on the list for April, but I don't have that information. Since I want what is available in April, maybe there is some hope for me.

I am using Ray Catena in NJ, they sell more RX's then most. The inside story is that the dealer that has sold the most cars will get more 400h's.

I got somewhat different information from my Lexus dealer in Michigan.

They claim the first production run will have two versions:

Option 1 has a Sticker Price of $52,545.00 including freight. It's fully loaded and the included options are:

EY (Rear seat entertainment)

HS ( Heated front seats)

ML (Mark Levinson)

Option 2 has a sticker price of $50,705.00 also including the freight but no EY option.

For the first run, they are building a total of 434 units. Out of those, 391 are option 2, and 43 are option 1. This is the total shipments for the Chicago region in the first month.

Perhaps there are regional differences.

I got somewhat different information from my Lexus dealer in Michigan.

They claim the first production run will have two versions:

Option 1 has a Sticker Price of $52,545.00 including freight. It's fully loaded and the included options are:

EY (Rear seat entertainment)

HS ( Heated front seats)

ML (Mark Levinson)

Option 2 has a sticker price of $50,705.00 also including the freight but no EY option.

For the first run, they are building a total of 434 units. Out of those, 391 are option 2, and 43 are option 1.  This is the total shipments for the Chicago region in the first month.

Perhaps there are regional differences.

Good info, let me threw this back to my dealer and say "What's Up!" I am told Ray Catena is one if not top selling Lexus dealer in the country.

Good info, let me threw this back to my dealer and say "What's Up!" I am told Ray Catena is one if not top selling Lexus dealer in the country.

If you haven't already seen this pdf document, this is a good summary of what will be offered on the 400h. It seems clear that Laser Cruise and Air Suspension will not be options. The other features that appear to be missing are Push Button Start and Tire Pressure Sensor.

http://pressroom.toyota.com/presstxt/2006l...lex400h-2_s.pdf

Good luck with your dealer.

If you haven't already seen this pdf document, this is a good summary of what will be offered on the 400h. It seems clear that Laser Cruise and Air Suspension will not be options. The other features that appear to be missing are Push Button Start and Tire Pressure Sensor.

Actually.......The only dealership owned by JM Family Enterprises, JM Lexus in Margate, Florida, has distinguished itself in the industry as the #1 volume Lexus dealership in the nation. Earning this status of top sales volume for nearly a decade, JM Lexus also boasts extraordinarily high customer satisfaction and owner loyalty ratings.

A member of the Elite of Lexus for its superior customer service, JM Lexus was the first new car dealership in the nation to be named a J.D. Power and Associates certified Retailer. Quality and customer value are gained from the dealership's cutting-edge uses of technology, via Internet sales and service, to its unique customer-focused strategies.

I have not been able to verufy this info, but it could very well be true.

The RX330 doesn't really have a tire pressure sensor. It uses the anti lock braking software to determine if a tire is spinning at a different speed than in the past which indicates a low tire pressure. I cannot see why they would not include this in the 400h, it is just software.

The RX330 doesn't really have a tire pressure sensor. It uses the anti lock braking software to determine if a tire is spinning at a different speed than in the past which indicates a low tire pressure. I cannot see why they would not include this in the 400h, it is just software.

I agree it doesn't make sense to exclude this capability. I just find it odd that the 400h Product Information (pdf) sheet does not include the "Tire Pressure Monitoring System" as a Safety feature (As it does on the RX 330 sheet). I've asked my dealer for clarification, but they have not confirmed it yet. I hope it was just an oversight.

I put a down payment for the rx400h april of 04. They said it should be in by this April- May, but not to get too excited; inferring that there could be some delays.

At the time they couldn't give me an exact price for it but said that it came is 2 versions (as said above). They explained to me about the various options available and told me that i could special order other accesories but i would have to wait longer. The 2 base types don't exactly include everything you would expect in a 52k $ car...I am VERY mad that the interior doesn't have the wood option! I really don't like the silver metal look at all...

I don't remember my sales person telling me that it had heated seats or laser cruise etc...I just assumed that it did; so i'll have to double check on that.

but overall it seems the rx400h will be a great seller!

I hate to say this, but this pricing structure is starting get out of hand. What's next, only fully optioned RXs will be available at $55,000? Lexus may be pricing this thing beyond the comfortable reach of some who would like a faster, more economical 330 for a few thousand more. How far can they push us until we say, Okay, THAT's a bit too much money?!!!

I love the vehicle, but my pockets aren't bottomless!

But look at the competition, at $55,000 they're still 5k under their nearest competition AND with better gas mileage.

True, but dang, those Prius's are starting to look better and better at $26K!

I will definitely be doing some comparing within the next month.

Its a totally different vehicle. We have a new Prius and I enjoy driving it from time to time but I would never drive it as my primary vehicle for a couple of reasons:

1. It looks rediculous

2. Even under all the gizmos and features, its still an economy car. It rides, drives, and feels like an economy car. It may have the features of a Lexus, but its not a Lexus.

So, I wouldn't drive a Prius, but I WOULD drive an RX400h.

The question is also do you need the room, the RX has MUCH more room than a Prius. If you don't need the room you might be better off waiting for the hybrid Camry/ES.