Salavage Title

IS300Loaded

I found a 2003 IS300 with a salavage title. I dunt know much about the car except it was "scrapped" against something on the entire left side. The left fender, both doors and rear bumper have been replaced. It has only 21k and is selling for $16,750 I dunt kno if i shoudl get it. heres the VIN if neone would please run a check for me JTHBD192530068627 IF I CAN PLEASE GET SOME INPUT ON WHAT I SHOULD LOOK FOR THATD BE NICE. Thanks Guys

JJ P.

I found a 2003 IS300 with a salavage title. I dunt know much about the car except it was "scrapped" against something on the entire left side. The left fender, both doors and rear bumper have been replaced. It has only 21k and is selling for $16,750 I dunt kno if i shoudl get it. heres the VIN if neone would please run a check for me JTHBD192530068627 IF I CAN PLEASE GET SOME INPUT ON WHAT I SHOULD LOOK FOR THATD BE NICE. Thanks Guys

JJ P.

i was thinking of doing the same thing but I'm not quite sure how the whole salvage title deal works, how hard is it to get a normal title so that i can register and drive it?

JJ P.

i was thinking of doing the same thing but I'm not quite sure how the whole salvage title deal works, how hard is it to get a normal title so that i can register and drive it?

It can never have a normal title again. however, there are hundreds of thousands, if not millions of salvaged cars on the road today. a common misconception would also be that full coverage insurance is difficult to come by with a salvage title. not the case. i have a car insured under allstate right now with a salvage title. i still need to remove it as i have since gotten rid fo the car, but my policy renews next month, so it will drop automatically.

a salvage occurs when the vehciles repairs exceed half (or in some states, all) of its total value. i thinkt he only stats its full value are Vermont, Alaska and maybe Michagan. everywhere else its half value.

so if the car was only worth 24K and there was 12K worth of damage done, the isnurance co. totalled it and gave it a salvage title, the owner bougth it back from the ins co and repaired it with the check they wrote him for the value of the car. happens all the time.

things to look for when driving:

unusual vibrations, pulling in one direction or another, larger than normal or smaller than normal gaps in body panels, uneven look to the paint.

pist a pic or let me look at it. you are in dallas, so if the car is local, bring it across the county line to Ft. Worth and i will happily check it out for you for free. :D tell the seller you woudl liek to drive it for a day or 2 before you make a descision.

JJ P.

It can never have a normal title again. however, there are hundreds of thousands, if not millions of salvaged cars on the road today. a common misconception would also be that full coverage insurance is difficult to come by with a salvage title. not the case. i have a car insured under allstate right now with a salvage title. i still need to remove it as i have since gotten rid fo the car, but my policy renews next month, so it will drop automatically.

a salvage occurs when the vehciles repairs exceed half (or in some states, all) of its total value. i thinkt he only stats its full value are Vermont, Alaska and maybe Michagan. everywhere else its half value.

so if the car was only worth 24K and there was 12K worth of damage done, the isnurance co. totalled it and gave it a salvage title, the owner bougth it back from the ins co and repaired it with the check they wrote him for the value of the car. happens all the time.

things to look for when driving:

unusual vibrations, pulling in one direction or another, larger than normal or smaller than normal gaps in body panels, uneven look to the paint.

pist a pic or let me look at it. you are in dallas, so if the car is local, bring it across the county line to Ft. Worth and i will happily check it out for you for free. :D tell the seller you woudl liek to drive it for a day or 2 before you make a descision.

i recieved your email, you have one back...il be in irving on tuesday afternoon. we can meet up and i can take you for a ride in the 14th lexus ES to ever roll off the assembly line...with her new window tint :)

yea i got the email back thanks man... do u have carfax info if u do can you please run this VIN for me thanks man greatly apprecaited. JTHBD192530068627 IS300 2003 idp

unfortunately ido not have carfax...and honestly i woudl trust the word of a good mechanic over the word of carfax any day of the week.

you know what? take it to JP Importz and have Jason look it over:

http://www.jpimportz.org

he is in s. garland and an excellent mechanic. i will still be more than happy to lok at it for you, btu he coudl do it wayyy better than i can.

tell him i sent you, and he will probably do it for free.

HOLY CRAP!! NVM, i just read your email, you work here, i live and work here, (i live in the park glen subdivision) meet me at the QuikTrip at 245PM on wednesday, and ill check it out for you.

yea i live here too... LOL i lIVe in heritage you take exit "Heritage Trace PRky" off I-35...im sure u know what im talking about sooo maybe ill bring it over if i buy the car tonite thanks man ill see if i can take it to that JP guy cuz the car is actually very close to garland i might take it over there... what a small world LOL

I have the same questions. I was going to buy a car that has a "clean" title but has salvage history. Does the factory Lexus warrenty no longer apply because it had a salvage in the history? I was told that once it has a salvage, and its been repaired and restatesd as a clean title, if you transfer the title to a different state, it reads as a clean title?? Any help would be great.

I have the same questions. I was going to buy a car that has a "clean" title but has salvage history.  Does the factory Lexus warrenty no longer apply because it had a salvage in the history?  I was told that once it has a salvage, and its been repaired and restatesd as a clean title, if you transfer the title to a different state, it reads as a clean title?? Any help would be great.

yes, your warranty is voided in this case, unless all repairs are made by lexus.

• 2 weeks later...

isn't it that all warranties are voided, no matter what when the car is titled "salvage"?? . Besides, the car DOESN'T need to be wrecked up to get a salvage title. Stolen cars are considered "salvage" but tend to sell much higher than the damaged cars. I know a guy in town that fixes up salvage cars (they bid them ) and sell them for almost half the price.