Oil Recommendation...

on a es250 with 170xxx miles on it. I was thinkin' mobil 1. What does it say in the manual? Oil filters where can I get? Thanks.

I thought you shouldn't change to synthetic oil on a car past 40 k miles?

something about the the oil being so thin - it would wreck havec on the seals.

On a high mileage car I'd recommend start with 10/30 oil & then monitor oil consumption for thre first oil change & decide whether you need to go to a heavier oil.

i have switched to synth on cars with 200K and i have done it to cars with 2K

either way if the engine is in good working order you will be fine. do a compression test..if you are around 170-180 on all cylinders you are probably good for the switch.

do a search and decide for youself. if you want my opinion, you can reach me via PM or email.

On a high mileage car I'd recommend start with 10/30 oil & then monitor oil consumption for thre first oil change & decide whether you need to go to a heavier oil.

either way if the engine is in good working order you will be fine. do a compression test..if you are around 170-180 on all cylinders you are probably good for the switch.

do a search and decide for youself. if you want my opinion, you can reach me via PM or email.

Oh NO!!! here we go again...LOL!!!!!

Oh NO!!! here we go again...LOL!!!!!

going where?

thats as far a i get involved in these topics. :D