Deleting A Paypal Account

ArmyofOne

how do i close a paypal account? i never use it and i will be going on ADR soon, so i will nto be able to use it for a good 6 months even if i wanted to. how do i close it? is there an option to do this onlin? or do i need to call?

Do a Google Search for "paypal sucks" and it will provide links to websites that will tell you Paypal's secret customer service phone number. Call the number and ask the Paypal rep to email you instructions for closing your account. The Paypal rep cannot close your account for you. You must do it online yourself.

Be prepared for hassels. Like Paypal may block you from accessing your own account so you won't be able to close it! Paypal has done nasty things like this and thats why there have been lawsuits against paypal and why there are websites like paypalsucks.com.

Do a Google Search for "paypal sucks" and it will provide links to websites that will tell you Paypal's secret customer service phone number.  Call the number and ask the Paypal rep to email you instructions for closing your account.  The Paypal rep cannot close your account for you. You must do it online yourself.

Be prepared for hassels.  Like Paypal may block you from accessing your own account so you won't be able to close it!  Paypal has done nasty things like this and thats why there have been lawsuits against paypal and why there are websites like paypalsucks.com.

this makes no sense, if i simplyh tell them i am leavingt eh country (not liek its a lie) and i will nto have acess to it for 6-8 months...why should i keep it. i could leave it open and just close my bank account LOL.

NVM, i took care of it. all i had to do was go into my account profile, give my # and clikc close account.

Do a Google Search for "paypal sucks" and it will provide links to websites that will tell you Paypal's secret customer service phone number.  Call the number and ask the Paypal rep to email you instructions for closing your account.  The Paypal rep cannot close your account for you. You must do it online yourself.

Be prepared for hassels.  Like Paypal may block you from accessing your own account so you won't be able to close it!  Paypal has done nasty things like this and thats why there have been lawsuits against paypal and why there are websites like paypalsucks.com.

I don't know why there should be any "hassles" when trying to close a PayPal account. I have done this in the past very easily!! I find them a very professional company to deal with. :chairshot:

in the meantime, why don't you withdraw funds to your linked bank account and thus leave your account open but with a zero balance. This way you will still be active for future activities upon your return.

steviej

in the meantime, why don't you withdraw funds to your linked bank account and thus leave your account open but with a zero balance.  This way you will still be active for future activities upon your return.

steviej

meh, i have used it twice in...2 years...whats the point?

if i need another one ill open another one.

This might help you....Give them a call!

Customer Service Center

PayPal Customer Service Agents are available to help you during the following times:

4:00 AM PST to 10:00 PM PST Monday through Friday

6:00 AM PST to 8:00 PM PST on Saturday and Sunday

Call us toll-free at: 1-888-221-1161

We may only discuss an account with the account-holder. Please have the following information available when you call:

Your telephone number

Your email address

The last 4 digits of your credit card or bank account registered with PayPal

For security reasons, we must verify the above details before discussing any account-specific information.

NVM, i took care of it.  all i had to do was go into my account profile, give my # and clikc close account.

i took care of it. LOL. i posted that yesterday... :D

No wonder you can't get any work done on your car......You're ALWAYS online. LOL :P

PAYPAL REALITIES:

1. Uou waive your rights to credit card consumer protection laws if you

want to use their service

2. Paypal customer service is horrible. they intentionally make the

phone number very difficult to find in order to save costs.

3. Their terms of service are not completely disclosed upon signup and

some key "conditions" are not disclosed. No place do they openly tell

potential members that their money is 100% at risk.

4. If PayPal feels your actions are questionable, PayPal is the

investigator, judge, jury and executioner.

Example:

"Thank you for contacting PayPal. We apologize for the delay in

respondingto your service request.

After review, the decision has been made to keep your account locked.

This decision cannot be appealed.

If you have any further questions, please reply to this email.'

5. If you are a bona fide, up-standing individual with hundreds of

successful transactions, but someone pays you with a stolen

credit card, your account (by PayPal's own admission) is immediately

flagged as being "criminal behavior" and any money in that account is

confiscated. If a customer "disputes" the charge, same thing happens.

(See email above.)

6. Paypal's fees for NON-credit card funding are the same as for credit

cards! This is the single biggest rippoff on their site.

PAYPAL REALITIES:

1. Uou waive your rights to credit card consumer protection laws if you

want to use their service

2. Paypal customer service is horrible. they intentionally make the

phone number very difficult to find in order to save costs.

3. Their terms of service are not completely disclosed upon signup and

some key "conditions" are not disclosed. No place do they openly tell

potential members that their money is 100% at risk.

4. If PayPal feels your actions are questionable, PayPal is the

investigator, judge, jury and executioner.

Example:

"Thank you for contacting PayPal. We apologize for the delay in

respondingto your service request.

After review, the decision has been made to keep your account locked.

This decision cannot be appealed.

If you have any further questions, please reply to this email.'

5.  If you are a bona fide, up-standing individual with hundreds of

successful transactions, but someone pays you with a stolen

credit card, your account (by PayPal's own admission) is immediately

flagged as being "criminal behavior" and any money in that account is

confiscated. If a customer "disputes" the charge, same thing happens.

(See email above.)

6.  Paypal's fees for NON-credit card funding are the same as for credit

cards! This is the single biggest rippoff on their site.

Then DON'T use em!!! I've had 1000's of perfect transactions with my PayPal account over many years, and I expect to continue using them in the future. Besides, the interest rate on my account balance is higher on Paypal then it is any one of my other main accounts, so I'm considering a shift to them also! <_<

P.S. I don't know why you continually bash their service.....they operate like every other bank I've had the pleasure to deal with!

Have you experienced these problems first hand with Paypal VGR?

Yes I have. I once tried to pay for some ebay auctions using Paypal, but found Paypal had locked me out of accessing my account without notice and without explanation. So Paypal had $440.00 of my money and I had no way to ever get my hands on that money again because (unlike a normal bank) Paypal does not have any physical offices or a Customer Service number that is easy to find. Thank God for the Google search engine because I did a Google search for "Paypal Scandal" and "Paypal Sucks" and Google provided me with Paypal complain websites that told me about Paypal's secret customer service numbers.

After much hassel, I finally succeeded in getting my Paypal account closed and my $440.00 back

and I vowed never to open a Paypal account again. I mean imagine going into your local bank and the teller saying "sorry, we cannot let you access your account today and we can't tell you why or if and when you will ever be able to get your money ever again". That's the inexcusable predicament Paypal has put thousands of their customers through.

Local banks can be as much a hassle to deal with as is PayPal. Every transactional situation can be different. If PayPal is so bad, then why is their membership growing at such an astronomical rate? ;)

If PayPal is so bad, then why is their membership growing at such an astronomical rate?  ;)

For reasons not tied directly to good customer service and satisfaction.

Quite a few other big companies also succeed despite lack luster customer service and satisfaction; e.g. Microsoft, General Motors, Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Have you experienced these problems first hand with Paypal VGR?

Yes I have. I once tried to pay for some ebay auctions using Paypal, but found Paypal had locked me out of accessing my account without notice and without explanation. So Paypal had $440.00 of my money and I had no way to ever get my hands on that money again because (unlike a normal bank) Paypal does not have any physical offices or a Customer Service number that is easy to find. Thank God for the Google search engine because I did a Google search for "Paypal Scandal" and "Paypal Sucks" and Google provided me with Paypal complain websites that told me about Paypal's secret customer service numbers.

After much hassel, I finally succeeded in getting my Paypal account closed and my $440.00 back

and I vowed never to open a Paypal account again. I mean imagine going into your local bank and the teller saying "sorry, we cannot let you access your account today and we can't tell you why or if and when you will ever be able to get your money ever again". That's the inexcusable predicament Paypal has put thousands of their customers through.

Wow, I can definitely understand why you refuse to deal with them ever again. Good thing you got your money back. Explains why some people on ebay have "NO PAYPAL" in big bold letters.