About To Buy Gx 470

trojanjim

Hi there.  Does anyone have useful information or tips for someone about to buy a GX?  Have you had any problems or is it as incredible as everyone says?  Thank you for your feedback.

Didn't get SUV of the year 2 years in a row for nothing :cheers:

Well, let's see.

Start of with the bad news. I don't know if the problems have been COMPLETELY fixed for the newer units, but I've experienced 1. Clunk/thump 2. Vibration 3. Brake leak 4. Rattling (remember when i used to say that the cladding rattled? well i just found out the other day that it was the moonroof).

Some KDSS Gx470s have reported leaning problems

Good news: won 4X4 of the Year in 03 and Four Wheeler of the Year in 03 & 04. Perfect size (at least for me). Enough power for me. Gas mileage is a LITTLE better than the LX (i got better mpg as stated on the sticker at around 25k).

;)

Thank you for the great info. I am getting the sport which has KDSS. Is there a site that has more information on the leaning problem, or have I just not dug deep enough here? Thanks!

Well, let's see.

Start of with the bad news. I don't know if the problems have been COMPLETELY fixed for the newer units, but I've experienced 1. Clunk/thump 2. Vibration 3. Brake leak 4. Rattling (remember when i used to say that the cladding rattled? well i just found out the other day that it was the moonroof).

Some KDSS Gx470s have reported leaning problems

Good news: won 4X4 of the Year in 03 and Four Wheeler of the Year in 03 & 04. Perfect size (at least for me). Enough power for me. Gas mileage is a LITTLE better than the LX (i got better mpg as stated on the sticker at around 25k).

;)

Okay,

had a BMW X5 with nothing but trouble for 3 years (110 days in the shop!). Have had my GX470 for 4 months, and have nothing but compliments. An excellent, solid car, great build quality.

Go for it.

Hi there.  Does anyone have useful information or tips for someone about to buy a GX?  Have you had any problems or is it as incredible as everyone says?  Thank you for your feedback.