Rx Awd, 4wd, Fwd Ride Difference?

LexKid630

Is the ride (feel) different with each transmission? Is it more quiet?

I have only driven AWD rx's and don't know if the ride is any better with the 4wd or front wheel drive. Since the energy is put towards the front in front wd, would it be louder to the driver and softer in the rear, than AWD etc?

Also, is the acceleration/shifting different b/t transmissions?

Naa it should be the same. The AWD RX is a little bit heavier which might make some difference, but not much.

The RX is front biased AWD, it basically is FWD all the time unless there is slippage occuring then it shunts some power to the rear. Where the power is going doesnt make any difference in noise.

Naa it should be the same. The AWD RX is a little bit heavier which might make some difference, but not much.

The RX is front biased AWD, it basically is FWD all the time unless there is slippage occuring then it shunts some power to the rear. Where the power is going doesnt make any difference in noise.

If RX is front wheel biased....y is it still using so much gas...especially for the RX300...cuz of its weight?

How much more does it weight over a ES300 or camry?

Just say it goes like 100/0 or 95/5, it wouldn't have as bad fuel economy as a car that's like 50/50.

Its the weight, it weighs about 700 lbs more than an ES. Its also less aerodynamic. Its definately not 50/50, probably never is depending on the slippage, its more like 90/10.

i thought almost all auto have OD...

is that the reason why it turns at 3k rpm when going at like 120km?

it could just be the gear ratio...

i think the RX300 has a 4spd auto, the RX330 has a 5spd auto.

that extra gear allows for lower RPMS at cruisng speed.

i run into the same problem with the 4 spd in my ES, whewnever i am crusing 70-75, the RPMS are always like 3,000. its crazy bad for fuel economy but hey...its a lexus. i think the 4psd auto was the stupidest tranny ever invented. it just isnt right for anything. its even bad in the city.

Is the ride (feel) different with each transmission? Is it more quiet?

I think some of the RX models have different suspensions which could have differnt "ride" characteristics. For example, the 2001 RX 300 Silversport edition is suposed to have Euro suspension which may provide a different ride. Maybe someone else can clarify this on newer models.