2001 Navigation/radio Feature Question

scottl

Hi,

I have a 2001 RX300 AWD with the Navigation and on the Radio there is a button on the lower right of the screen with "AF" on it. I can't find what that button is for anywhere in the manual. Does anyone know what it stands for and what it does? It doesn't seem to do anything when it's pushed and lite up.

Thanks

Scott

jeez, I had two 2001 RX's with NAV and I don't remember that button. I traded both in because 1) I wanted an 04 RX which I traded in again because of all the recalls; for an 05 GX; and 2) traded in the 2nd 01 for an 04 RX which was past the VIN cutoff for the Canada assembled units re:brake booster.

I must say though, that my favorite Lexus is my 99 LS, of the three I own. I have the GX so my wife can get to work in the snow. She refused to drive the LS if any bad weather. my gross income is social security, I totally depend on my wife to bring home the bacon (which I lovingly prepare; I cook every meal, clean, gas all cars, pay all bills; etc. my wife only has to work and shop, she has NO other obligations)

I just tried it on my 03 rx300 and it didn't do anything either; even with a bad signal radio station on (AM and FM). I haven't noticed this botton before you pointed it out... weird.....

And all the recals are sickening aren't they!! I'm selling my 03rx and getting the rx400h as soon as my dealer gets them in; maybe they'll have it all fixed for this one hopefully ;)

Scott:

I had the same question when I purchased a CPO 2001 RX300 last June. The response I got was that it was a function that was never activated to contol anything in the radio system. I've had it ON and OFF and not noticed any difference.

Brian