What Lexus Owner's Thinks

camlex

Hello,

Good morning,

We got 2005 Jeep Liberty Ltd. Now has 500-600 miles I am thinking to do first oil change.

First, Should i wait till 3000 miles or do it now?

Second, Regular oil (10W30 Pennzoil) or go with Synthetic(Mobil 1).

It's differnt car, Engine works same way.

Please input.

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

Good morning,

We got 2005 Jeep Liberty Ltd. Now has 500-600 miles I am thinking to do first oil change.

Please input.

Thanks in advance.

I would wait. You want time for all the rings and bearings to seat properly. If you change the oil too soon, you may interfere with that. I can't see that it's going to do you any harm to wait and will save you a few bucks.

There are lots of arguments of synthetic vs. natural oil. My personal feeling is that if you take good care of your car and maintain reasonable oil change intervals, it won't matter much. Synthetic is somewhat better in some areas, so if the cost difference is modest, it's probably the way to go. HOWEVER, do not exceed the manufacturer's oil change interval even if you use synthetic. You'll void the warranty.

camlex, I agree with jragosta on his recommendation of when to do the first oil change.

There are plenty of threads, recent and distant, that can be found by using the search function as to which is preferred.

Warning to all: If this thread continues as a rehash of the great old conventional vs synthetic oil debate, I will shut it down immediately.

I hate to take on this attitude, but those threads always lead to the same place.

steviej

Hello,

Good morning,

Please input.

Thanks in advance.

I would change now for #1. No benefit to waiting. The rings will seat no matter what oil you use. So the duration and oil consumpotion is longer who cares. I even change oil in my diesel like this.

If choosing from the two oils listed, and only listed I would go with Mobil 1. Mobil will have a better base oil and high adds.

Using a good synthetic will not void a warrenty. And that is a fact. Do a search since this topic will become the same old debate with most times only what people reccomand and you know what that is worth.

Again do a seach and look at what data you find. If it interesting to view opinions, again opinions, is the key word.