92 Es 300 Reving Up And Down In Drive Gear

kconno

92 es 300 automatic transmission has started to get jumpy/revs up and down when put into drive gear and I start to drive away and then settles down once im doing 5-10mph+. Does any one know if this is the end of my transmission/automatic gear box ? Or could it be a maintenance/service issue?

92 es 300 automatic transmission has started to get jumpy/revs up and down when put into drive gear and I start to drive away and then settles down once im doing 5-10mph+. Does any one know if this is the end of my transmission/automatic gear box ? Or could it be a maintenance/service issue?

Did you check your ATF fluid to see if it's up to the full mark?

Yes it was well up the stick to the hot mark after 20mins driving time and the colour of the fluid was light almost transparent grey!

Ive had the car serviced yearly but dont think the fluid was every changed since i got the car 3 years ago, had many mechanical parts changed (rear struts /discs ball joint etc) but the engine and transmission have been fine up to the last 2000-3000 miles

Yes it was well up the stick to the hot mark after 20mins driving time and the colour of the fluid was light almost transparent grey!

Ive had the car serviced yearly but dont think the fluid was every changed since i got the car 3 years ago, had many mechanical parts changed (rear struts /discs ball joint etc) but the engine and transmission have been fine up to the last 2000-3000 miles

poss. vaccum leak?

I'd service the transmission soon then. Consider doing a 100% fluid change & at the same time, you might want to consier replacing the tranny pan gasket & cleaning the filter mesh screen at the same time. B)

:cheers: