Chevron Gasoline & Fuel System Cleaner

Hi everyone,

I will be traveling to Florida for a couple weeks on vacation & taking my ES for the trip. I have some questions regarding Chevron gasoline & their Techron Concentrate fuel system cleaner . When I travel to the U.S. I usually use Sunoco, Mobil or Citgo fuel, but I have heard very good things about Chevron gasoline & am very fussy about what fuel & fuel system cleaners I put in my car. My questions are:

- What's the highest octane of Chevron premium fuel (92, 93?)

- If you use Chevron fuel system cleaner, how often do you use it (every oil change, 6 months?) & do you notice a significant difference in your cars performance or is it a waste of money? Please elaborate & be specific.

- Is the fuel system cleaner only available at Chevron gas stations or can I buy it at a department store or auto parts store chain? and how much (roughly) is a bottle? & how many gallons of fuel does a bottle treat?

Any help & / or advice on the subject is very much appreciated. B)

:cheers:

Hi everyone,

I will be traveling to Florida for a couple weeks on vacation & taking my ES for the trip. I have some questions regarding Chevron gasoline & their Techron Concentrate fuel system cleaner . When I travel to the U.S. I usually use Sunoco, Mobil or Citgo fuel, but I have heard very good things about Chevron gasoline & am very fussy about what fuel & fuel system cleaners I put in my car. My questions are:

- What's the highest octane of Chevron premium fuel (92, 93?)

- If you use Chevron fuel system cleaner, how often do you use it (every oil change, 6 months?) & do you notice a significant difference in your cars performance or is it a waste of money? Please elaborate & be specific.

- Is the fuel system cleaner only available at Chevron gas stations or can I buy it at a department store or auto parts store chain? and how much (roughly) is a bottle? & how many gallons of fuel does a bottle treat?

Any help & / or advice on the subject is very much appreciated.  B)

The only thing I have to say about Chevron Techron is that stuff is great. It contains "polyether amines" which break down engine deposites in an efficient manor. Many people don't know but this is the same exact active ingredient in "44k", but Chevron actually invented it back in the '80's. If you visit Walmart or Checker you can buy a bottle for around $6-8, or you can go to your local dealer and pay $22+ for a can of 44k which is the "knock-off".

Thanks for the info. B)

Apparently they come in either 12 or 20 ounce bottles. With the size of gas tank (18.5 gallons) the ES has, I wonder which one I should use (I assume it says on the bottle how many gallons of fuel one bottle treats)? :unsure:

Are the available at Autozone or Pep Boys? & I guess the gas stations would be more expensive? B)

Anybody else with some feedback on this product?

Thanks for the info.  B)

Apparently they come in either 12 or 20 ounce bottles.  With the size of gas tank (18.5 gallons) the ES has, I wonder which one I should use (I assume it says on the bottle how many gallons of fuel one bottle treats)?  :unsure: 

Are the available at Autozone or Pep Boys?  & I guess the gas stations would be more expensive?  B) 

Anybody else with some feedback on this product? 

As far as I am concerned..Chevron with Techron is the ONLY way to fly as far as an Injector cleaner is concerned. I use it about every 4 months..it says on the bottle how much to use..don't use more then they say for a certain number of gallons of gas. always..put it in an empty tank and fill up to mix it up good while filling your tank..

Good Luck

goto pepboys and pick up one of their calendar for $1 and use the 2for1 coupon for 20oz Chevron Techron fuel system cleaner (reg priced $10ea) with $3 gas rebate (save your receipt and record bottle UPC). a 20oz bottle treats up to 20gal gas. bottle says use every 3k miles. i just started using it and i'll probably use it every 5k or twice a year. the calendar has other nice coupns too like buy3get3free Mobil1 synthetic quarts so check it out.

good luck and safe ridin to sunny FL!

hey LF,

Hope you enjoy your R&R in Florida B) . Anyway I only use Chevron now (prior was Shell) and I haven't had any problems with it. I've only use the fuel system cleaner only once, so I can't comment if it made a significant difference or not. I remember though another ES member used Chevron fuel in conjunction w/ the fuel system cleaner for two fillups and it helped his car a lot (his car was driving sluggish). My fuel economy went up a little bit though when I switched to Chevron (1/2-1 mpg). Overall I'm pleased and I actually am going to start using the fuel cleaner every 5k or so. Out here in around San Francisco, California the highest Chevron offers is 91 octane (what I've seen so far). Enjoy the rest of your trip! :cheers:

Chevron has 93 octane in Louisiana(and other southeastern states too I'm sure.). I would use Chevron in my car if I wasn't so sure the one station in town wasn't around during the Depression. :lol: Where are you headed to in Florida?

I used it and did not see any improvements,  but its a good idea to try and from reading about it it seems one of best, 

That's funny, I put one bottle of Chevron with Techron in my tank it it totally cleans the worries right out of my head. :whistles:

Bren, I use big bottle (synthetic formula) every other oil change. You can get it almost everywhere and definately at any autoparts store. I even get mine at the the Exxon/Mobil station that I always fill up at.

Chevron stations are as few and far between as hen's teeth in these parts. I know of 1 in a 100 mile radius of me.

steviej

Chevron has 93 octane in Louisiana(and other southeastern states too I'm sure.). I would use Chevron in my car if I wasn't so sure the one station in town wasn't around during the Depression. :lol:  Where are you headed to in Florida?

Heading to Lakeland Fla.......going to catch some spring training games while I'm there. I'm a Toronto Blue Jay's fan.......but the in-laws like the Tigers. I think they have put me in the 'cheap seats' when the Tigers play the Jays lol. :whistles: <_<

Thanks for all you comments about the Chevron gasoline & fuel system cleaner :D I will get the large bottle (does up to 20 gallons) 'synthetic' formula as per most of your recommendations (even going to pick up several extra for myself & my Dad!). I appreciate the help guy's! B) :)

justin, you are correct....however, from what I gather, Chevron goes above & behond of the 'required' level of cleaning detergents which is better for your engine's performance, fuel economy & the environment as well.

Chevron has 93 octane in Louisiana(and other southeastern states too I'm sure.). I would use Chevron in my car if I wasn't so sure the one station in town wasn't around during the Depression. :lol:  Where are you headed to in Florida?

you wont have any problem finding Chevron gas stations in AL & FL. theyre pretty much available at every interstate exits.

you wont have any problem finding Chevron gas stations in AL & FL. theyre pretty much available at every interstate exits.

Agreed......I have the book called "Along I-75" that details every gas station, restaurant, lodging at every exit from the Canada/USA border crossing in Detroit, right down to the top of Florida.......in both North & Southbound directions. B) ;)