Ls Vs. Gs

branshew

In my recent hunt for a new Lexus I have been looking at both LS and GS models (first gen). From what I have seen looking at both it appears that when comparing a GS to a same year LS with similar mileage on both cars (within 10K) that the GS has the same or higher sale value.

I would have thought that the LS would command the higher premium. Is it because there were fewer GS produced? Any thoughts?

On the west coast of Canada it seems the LS of the same year and miles sells for a higher price than the GS. I own one of each, and they are very different cars. Each has its own advantages. If I could find a nice 98 or 99 LS to trade the 92 on, I would be set for life for cars.....

In my recent hunt for a new Lexus I have been looking at both LS and GS models (first gen).  From what I have seen looking at both it appears that when comparing a GS to a same year LS with similar mileage on both cars (within 10K) that the GS has the same or higher sale value.

I would have thought that the LS would command the higher premium.  Is it because there were fewer GS produced?  Any thoughts?

In Baltimore, there is a simularity to this issue between 1990 and 1994 LS400 version and the 1993 through 1996 GS300. Mostly due to demand and looks with rim packages. The GS300 with 18 or 20 inch chrome looks much better then a LS400 on 20s due to the body design. However, the LS400 got a bold body design change in 1995 which gave the LS400 a hot look with 20s. The difference in price is between 1994 and 1995 LS version. Most dealers in Baltimore are hip to whats plain nice on the street and whats smokin' hot.