93 Sc400 Stereo Installation Kit ?

Hello all....I'm new to this forum. I just purchased a 93 lexus sc400 and my stock stereo sounds horrible !!! Does anybody know of a stereo installation kit available for my model ??? I checked around different stereo websites and have had no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks, joe from staten island, new york

My local stereo guy just put a nice Kenwood player in my SC400. Looks nice. The bottom has a storage tray etc.

I will try to post pixs later today.

Hello all....I'm new to this forum. I just purchased a 93 lexus sc400 and my stock stereo sounds horrible !!! Does anybody know of a stereo installation kit available for my model ??? I checked around different  stereo websites and have had no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks, joe from staten island, new york

I had a pioneer double din unit (FH-P5000MP) installed with a 1/2 din pocket under it to fill the open space. Looks great. Sound is 100% better. I would recomend having it done by a car stereo place...just seems to be a headace to do yourself.

:cheers:

can someone point me in the right direction?

I had a friend install the stereo for me but he was not able to hook up the stock cd changer into the new deck that I got. he was talking something about needing an adapter for it. does anyone know where I can get this adapter? its a clarion deck.

I had a pioneer double din unit (FH-P5000MP) installed with a 1/2 din pocket under it to fill the open space.

I am also installing a double din unit (Kenwood) and have difficulty finding a 1/2 din pocket. Could you please give me details of where you got yours (tel, address, price, etc)? Many thanks, Soto

I had a pioneer double din unit (FH-P5000MP) installed with a 1/2 din pocket under it to fill the open space.

I am also installing a double din unit (Kenwood) and have difficulty finding a 1/2 din pocket. Could you please give me details of where you got yours (tel, address, price, etc)? Many thanks, Soto

Go to circuit city.com...I ordered one from there.

Go to circuit city.com...I ordered one from there.

Much appreciated!

Any special mounting brackets for the double din?

Did you run the hu into new amps?

I've read very many vague audio posts on this board regarding the sc4oo's audio system. Thanks for the definitive statement. Any and all details would be much appreciated.

Thx.

No way to connect the stock CD changer to anything. Why would you want to keep the stock changer? If you have an aftermarket headunit, might as well upgrade the CD changer to something that doesn't skip and take 10 seconds to change discs! There were some adapter out there that would make aftermarket CD changers work with the stock head unit, but they worked iffy at best.