Highest Mileage

maxed_out

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to see everyone is ejoying this thread. My son said he'll go back through and do some type of analysis and comment. Looks like these babies have a long life span. Keep those mileage numbers coming.

I have a 1997 LS with 161k and have not done anything except normal maintanence. I didn't even replace the timing belt until 133k. I still get 26 mpg on the highway.

Bill

1992 LS-400 222K......running like a champ

Come on 300K

Guys, guys, guys..................................ya'll worry too much. Be happy, your vehicle is going to run a LOOOONNNGGG Time!..............................

'96 ES300 Coach; 335K

'96 ES300 Coach; 290K

'95 LS400; 165K

What absolutely cracks me up is that I get 29'ish MPG with either ES300 & 25-26'ish with the sled..............Before I bought the 400, I kind of figured they were good for say 19, maybe 20 MPG. As soon as I saw reports of 25 to 26, I went out and bought the '95 LS. Couldn't be happier.

• 5 months later...

I'm up to 120k now. Only 13k miles in a year...dang, i need to go for a drive...to LA via Omaha. Since I pretty much replaced the entire suspension & all mounts on mine while trying to fix the wobble problem, the car pretty much drives like brand new. Glad to see that my investment has the potential to payoff...and not end up on the side of the road with a blown engine. Dare I say it, these have to be one of the best V8 gas engines ever built in mankind! Still can't find anything out there that I would be happier with..and believe me...I've looked a few times out of frustration during the wobble days. Nothing beats a combined loan balance between my wifes 03' Civic ES and my LS that is far below what a new stripped down Kia would cost. Don't know how Lexus stays in business. I mean you buy ONE, and you're good for like 2 decades before needing another one. Amazing....

Thread, I don't remember you at my wedding?? How did you get a copy of our wedding portrait?? :lol:

Lexus parts division will get my business, that's for sure, but I doubt I'll ever buy a brand spankin' new LS when they're built sooo good to start with. In my opinion, if there were ever a car that gave the used buyer praise for side stepping the depreciation aspect and avoiding advanced wear and tear maintenance items that others suffer from, it would have to be the LS.

Def Lepard Rulz. Camero kicks Mustang GT butt! No Fear!

My 90 LS400 has just over 149,000 miles. We bought it 3 years ago from a freind of mine who bought it new. It had 120,000 miles on it when we bought it and he always used Amsoil since brand new. He waxed it and kept it in the garage.

My wife had a company car for awhile, a 2006 Chrsyler 300 Limited. We ordered pearl black with the gray leather interior. Other than the hemi, the car was optioned out. Due to job shift she had to give it back and said how much better the LS400 drove than the brand new 300.

That says a lot to me about the absolute quality of these vehicles. The car is glassy smooth and will rip on the highway. After a 370 mile trip today, I filled up with 14 gallons of premium at Costco ($2.14) That checks out to about 26.4MPG.

Not bad for a 17 year old V-8 car huh?

I enjoyed this thread.

vbdenny

oakland,

man that is awesome. I'll bet you are looking forward to the 300,000 party. Maybe a good night of cruising around then coming hme and doing a little waxing in the garage with cold beer. Hey, maybe a little def lepard and a drive...to LA via Omaha.

I was taking a trip out to LA, tooling along in my Chevrolet token on a number and ....

after that I forget?

Nice to have you in the club.

1996 LS400 - 170,000 km. I am the 3rd owner.

Rides smooth, I am so glad I bought this car. Crosstown on the 401 is quiet and comfortable. Two nights ago I caught myself doing 180 km/hr and the car wasn't even complaining.

There is some noise from the torque converter ?? on acceleration.

My worse complaint is the inconvenience of the 6 cd changer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

'96 LS400 with 128,000 miles and '91 LS400 with 112,000 miles here... My parents bought the '96 new and only took it to the dealer for the first 75K... they finally stopped when the last 3 visits totalled between $1200 and $1500 each. The cost of ownership went way down after that! They just bought the '91 after a disasterous affair with an '03 Impala from my mom's work. 87K and tranny number two was already showing signs of catastrophic failure looming on the horizon, and it had been put in at 62K, even after the first one had four fluid changes in the time GM recommended doing one... But I'll stop there. We just sold the oh-so-wonderful [insert expletive here] today, so all is well.

• 4 weeks later...

Great forum!

My '99 LS400 has 202,065 as of today. So far I've replaced the starter and shocks along with normal maintenance (oil changes, coolant flushes, etc.). Car looks pretty close to new, other than a case of road rash. I like it so much, I'm planning on buying my daughter an IS250.