Highest Mileage

maxed_out

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just thought we'd have some fun. Blake918 has 250k on his car. Congrats....

I have 112k my 91LS-kinda feel like a rookie. What do the rest of you have?

:whistles:

my 1991 LS400 has 269k on it and running great!

how long do these beauties last? forever?

• 1 month later...

I don't have the high milage experience as the rest of this forum but I have owned two LS 400's and currently have a 2006 LS430.

The first was a 1993 with 56K purchased in July of 1997 for $22.5K.Drove it till Jan of 2004 and at 103K bought a 2000 LS400 Platinum edition with 67K miles.During that time I put on brakes,tires,rotors,and a battery.I sold the 1993 to my girlfriends daughter and she is still driving it.The last I knew it had about 160K miles on it.I never did the timing belt and water pump but she had it done about 3 months ago.It still has the origional exhaust system.

I drove the 2000 for 3 and 1/2 years and only put tires on it.Sold it to my sister in Aug of 2007 and never had any problems at all.Just regular oil/filter changes.

In may of 2007,I guess in a mid-life crisis,I bought a 2006 LS 430 with 9998 miles on it.Although it is beautiful and in pristine condition I have two issues with it.The steering is stiffer than both the 1993 and the 2000 and the ride is rougher.I blame the ride on the 18" wheels.

However,all that being said,the Lexus is the best car that I have ever owned.I still have a Mercedes and Rolls Royce,but do not drive them unless my girlfriend wants to impress someone.I will probably get a 2010 LS 460 late in 2009.

LONG LIVE LEXUS

122,000 on my 96ls. I had to replace the power steering system last year along with the rear knuckle bushings and front strut rods, motor and transmission mounts. Other than that, no problems. I've been thinking about selling it next year but, seeing the high mileages that you are getting, I might just keep it and add a truck to my collection (Toyota Tundra of course!). The only thing that "scares" me now is some of the other things that may potentially go out (i.e. ac unit, starter, etc.). But I've been riding without a car payment for a couple of years so I guess I can afford to put a little $ into it.

Hi all,

I now have 502,000 kms on my 1991 Ls400. Awesome! Original shocks, exhaust, power train, fuel pump etc. I still love driving it. It still feels and drives like a newer car. My first Japanese car, and by far the best car I have ever own! Daffy :cheers:

My 1990 LS400 has just over 166,000 miles and sleeps inside. I bought my wife an 04 ES330 with only 23,000 miles. I completely detailed the car, put new Yokohama Avid V4s on, K&N air fliter and the usual stuff. After she has driven it for about 3 weeks she says she still likes the LS a lot better. I have to agree, this LS400 was built for the highway.

• 2 months later...
Just thought we'd have some fun. Blake918 has 250k on his car. Congrats....

I have 112k my 91LS-kinda feel like a rookie. What do the rest of you have?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

143,968 as of parking for the night...but i have an ES, dont knwo if that matters...LOL.

My wifes '91 had 230k on the clock when she crashed it. Still ran fine and went down the road straight even though the insurance company called it a total loss. Our new to us '94 has 143K and looks and drives like a new car! My first post. How did I do? :)

I think seeing 1'st Gen. 400's going over 150k is common and not worth bragging about as most cars can do that now a days. I like to hear cars of that generation going over 300k. or a first Gen. having like 40k thats worth writing about

Just thought we'd have some fun.  Blake918 has 250k on his car. Congrats....

I have 112k my 91LS-kinda feel like a rookie.  What do the rest of you have?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

143,968 as of parking for the night...but i have an ES, dont knwo if that matters...LOL.

I have 221,000 on my 1996 LS400, RW Jackson, Lookout Mtn., GA

• 2 months later...

1992 ls 400.

Owned it 11 years now. Hit a multipoint buck at 65 MPH (actually it hit my left front 1/4 panel) about 7 years ago. $8600 worth of damage.

Drove it into the ins. co. 35 miles away like nothing had happened.

This old tank is still hauling a$$.

Top speed for about 1 mile: 145. Smooth, baby.... Still looks good.

Hi everyone,

I just hit 250,412. miles on my 1991 Ls400. Still runs great and strong. Great car!! Daffy :whistles:

i have 199,720,still running strong on my 94 ls400!!!i have a co-worker who always test me on the hwy with his acura tl,but can't keep up with me!!i tell him:in pursuit of perfection!!!!qouted fromlexus!ha,ha,ha!!!!!!! :P

Hi everyone,

I just hit 250,412. miles on my 1991 Ls400. Still runs great and strong. Great car!! Daffy :whistles:

i have 199,720,still running strong on my 94 ls400!!!i have a co-worker who always test me on the hwy with his acura tl,but can't keep up with me!!i tell him:in pursuit of perfection!!!!qouted fromlexus!ha,ha,ha!!!!!!! :P

That's good. I like that answer.

I have a little over 280,000 on my 93 LS 400 and 159,000 on my 02 dodge ram cummins diesel! Started driving the Lex again due to crazy high diesel prices! I orignally bought the diesel because diesel was cheaper, but now im kicking myself in the a@#.

I don't blame you. My original F-Body racecar was a turbo diesel. Glad I'm not racing it anymore. 76 increased track rates to $6.7 for diesels.

Congrats to all on reaching the high mileage club. I'm just glad we have enough Toyota/Lexus cars passing the likes of Mercs and Beamers.