Sc300 Acceleration Problems

OK, here's the deal, at wide open throttle my car has like hiccups. It's like the engine loses power almost completely, but then everything comes back. I want to say its like a fuel cut-off. I called a friend of mine at Lexus of Austin, a fellow tech, (though i'm more of an apprentice) and he thought that the problem could be with the throttle positioning sensor or the fuel pump.

Any input from any of you guys would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

--Taylor

• 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I'm experiencing a similar issue with my '93 SC4, but only at very low speeds (usually at take-off or gentle acceleration in 1st or 2nd gear - never at high speeds). I'm thinking this may have something to due with my altenator - seeing as how it's been leaked on by my PS pump and I haven't gotten in there to replace it yet.

I'm experiencing a similar issue with my '93 SC4, but only at very low speeds (usually at take-off or gentle acceleration in 1st or 2nd gear - never at high speeds). I'm thinking this may have something to due with my altenator - seeing as how it's been leaked on by my PS pump and I haven't gotten in there to replace it yet.

My hesitation is at low speed also but I never suspected the alt. I think you have something else in addition to alt.